Thursday 19 November 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

 She sees in black and white. Thinks in grey. And loves in colour. Not an easy set of words to illustrate this week. I started off with putting some new soft waxy crayons through a stencil, big mistake. They smudged like mad but not nicely, so I just went for it and smudged them with some kitchen roll. So there is some black and white and the smudged bits made grey. Theresa loves her pets and she sees them in colour. Thank goodness she doesn't have a cat or that bird would not be there. Sorry that's the best I can do this time.

I am also entering this in Art Journal Journey where my theme is birds. 



8 comments:

Neet said...

Certainly not an easy one when you get down to trying to illustrate it but I think you made a very commendable job of it.
Why do we put ourselves through this? But as you said "it is a challenge" - keeps the old grey cells working.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun journal page Wendy. Thanks for yet another lovely page for AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I love the smudges. And you illustrated this quote perfectly. The colors of your figures really pop off the back and white background. Perfect combo Wendy.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the smudges, but I really, really live the pets. It was an interesting take on the them quote and I enjoyed reading how you came up with it. Thanks for another great entry using your theme at Art Journal Journey.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

that was a difficult task but you did a great job with this work. Well thought out. Very beautiful journalpage!Hug Elke

nwilliams6 said...

Very deep words, and I think you did a fab job illustrating them here! Super cool background and the smudges are fun (representing how we all like to blur the black and white rules a bit maybe...). Fun colorful pets and girl image. Love the bird too - so fun and so cool for your AJJ theme. Fun post, Wendy.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Wendy, I love the background!
Have a happy weekend,
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love how you did this Wendy! Turning your smudges to good effect looks great with the brighter colours! Hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive