Sunday 1 November 2020

Art Journal Journey - Birds

 During the month of November I am hosting Art Journal Journey, and have chosen the theme of birds. I am a very keen bird watcher and love putting birds on my art work, be it paper or fabric. I would love a parrot, but know it would drive me nuts if it talked all the time, that's just one up from talking to yourself and answering.

My first page is a collage made from various papers from my stash. I am actually very pleased with myself as I have started to tear or cut up some of those papers you just look at but don't want to use, as once they are gone that's it.  

I am also entering this in Art Everyday Month






I have used various images of birds, the squares ones are from a Tim Holtz paper and the others I have stamped and cut out. The feathers are stamped directly onto the collage.

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have certainly given us lots of choices with this inspiration piece, Wendy. I am in awe of all your birds and I think this is going to be a fun, fun month. Thanks for being our host this month at Art Journal Journey and thanks for such a great inspiration entry to get us motivated.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful collage, Wendy! Have a fun month at AJJ! hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous Wendy. I am happy your our host this month, and birds are a super topic! This is quite a nice inspiration to start the month. Happy November. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow, Wendy welcome, and what a fabulous choice of theme you have chosen! You really have made a fabulous page to get us started! Yes those papers do mount up! Hugs, Chrisx

nwilliams6 said...

Love your theme, Wendy!!! So many great birds on this page and I love how you did your backdrop for them. Fab page and theme. I can't wait to play!!! Hugz

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful journal page!Great theme!Have a happy time at AJJ !!!
Hug Elke

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A fabulous theme Wendy and lovely page, it takes a brave person to tear up those beloved papers I wish I could be as brave. Happy November I look forward to catching more.
Take care Tracey x

Serena Lewis said...

Another lovely page! I love birds and the colours you chose seem to mesh perfectly with the theme. Nice job! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The collage background looks amazing and provides the perfect backdrop for all those gorgeous birds - I love it 😀. I was so pleased to see you hosting at AJJ and I hope to be joining your fabulous theme soon. Ive had so many other pieces to create that I just haven't had time to join you but I'm working on a page at the moment so see you there soon! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Blog Archive