Thursday 12 November 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

 "You can't skip and be unhappy at the same time" are the words for this week. My background is Distress inks and a Dylusion stencil of flowers. The figures are also Dylusions, using different heads, bodies and legs. I used crochet for the skipping ropes.

Sophie and her friend Grace are very happy skipping outside, and then Ursula a neighbour comes along and finds it all very childish and said she would rather watch the birds than be seen skipping. With those shoes on she would probably end up in a heap on the floor, loose her dignity and dirty her new dress. The girls carry on skipping, ignoring Ursula and hoping she will go away.

I am entering this Art Journal Journey where my theme is Birds.



Some more pictures taken around the garden after a heavy mist.






Decay setting in on the Chinese lantern.

An intrepid wood lice
Some fossils in one of our paving slabs



8 comments:

Neet said...

Lovely journal page - great idea with the tree for the birds. I like the rich colours you have used.
Am starting next week's already - get me! (Only because this week's was done late last night - I need to get my act together.)
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

Those are certainly not bird watching shoes-smile. I am glad the girls are smart enough to ignore that attention getter. That is a super page for AJJ Wendy. This is a fun month so far. And your garden photos are great. I love the decaying Chinese lantern. It has such wonderful texture. And I must say your paving stone with fossils is something I would get. It is amazing. Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely painting and journal page, very pretty with the birds. Beautiful garden photos, too. Thanks for another lovely page for AJJ,hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely pictures and art work as always. xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page Wendy! I think Ursula is jealous that she couldn't skip even if she wanted to! I love your photos, haven't the spiders webs been just a little more spectacular this year? Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I left a LONG post just now and got an error that said my post was forbidden.

I will keep this short, because I'm running SO far behind. Your little girls are brilliant. One does look a bit sad, but those shoes on Ursula would be killers! Thanks for another inspiring entry using your theme at Art Journal Journey.

Loved the photos, except that wood lice was creepy.

Serena Lewis said...

Great post, Wendy! I have to say that I love how you represented Ursula...she appears to be a bit of a fashion Diva, definitely not into skipping. I think I would enjoy watching the birds along with her. I do love the girls skipping too.

Loved all your nature photos!

nwilliams6 said...

Fun page, Wendy. It is hard to be unhappy and skip unless you fall which I would be likely to do. I did try some skipping recently with my Grandson and found it hard to remember how at first and then it came back and did remind me of the fun of younger days. Super story and page. Love all your pretty pictures too. Super post.

Blog Archive