Sunday, 24 April 2011
I am being a very bad blogger at the moment, it's the weather's fault. As well as putting the bungalow up for sale, I am trying to de-clutter, what a hopeless task.
Off that depressing subject, and onto some gothic arches I made for a swap, all in one of my favourite subjects, birds.
They are all a mixture of inking, stamping and collage.
Sunday, 3 April 2011
For a recent swap, we had to print our own fabric, then make our partner something with it. Knowing my partner was an extremely good artist, I thought a watercolour brush holder would be useful. I printed the fabric with a foam stamp that I had made on an Angie Hughes course. I used lumiere paints in two colours. I then put in some thin wadding and machined over it first of all with a variegated orange thread, and then criss crossed it with a metallic one.
I made a backing with the openings for the brushes, and sewed the whole thing together.
Pattie was really pleased with it.
This months journal heading for PDA was roses. Not the easiest of subjects as far as I'm concerned, but roses it is. I covered the page with lace which had roses on, made and embossed a door, and put grungboard hinges and lock on it. Behind the door I covered a piece of card with a rose napkin, and found this French looking guy with a bunch of roses in his hand. I then put roses round the door, with a big metal one at the top, I think John likes it !!!!
I could use my grandson Max as an excuse for not doing anything on here for well over a month. I can only blame him for 10 days when we looked after him when Claire and Jonathon went for a much needed break. After 10 days, I needed one myself.
Here are a few photos of him, the bottom one, he is learning to clap when you say 'good boy'. The top one, he is looking a lot more innocent than he is.
- ► 2023 (62)
- ► 2022 (100)
- ► 2021 (199)
- ► 2020 (148)
- ► 2019 (147)
- ► 2018 (182)
- ► 2017 (220)
- ► 2016 (243)
- ► 2015 (154)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (122)
- ► 2012 (42)
- ▼ 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (36)