Monday 2 November 2020

Art Journal Journey - Birds

Another page for my theme of Birds on Art Journal Journey. I couldn't resist using my silly chickens for one of my pages, so here they are. They started out as battery hens until they were rescued ( we used to get hens that had spent a year inside and had used up their usefulness as far as egg production was concerned)  I used distress inks for the background and stamped the hens on separate card and coloured them with watercolour pens. Very difficult cutting out thin legs and a few of them suffered some amputations, and I had to draw them in.

I am also entering this in Leah's Art Every Day Month Challenge Day 2



12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page Wendy! Thanks for all the support at AJJ, have a great month! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

*wow* smile that is a fun page with the crazy chickens!
Have a good day, hug Elke

Gina Lento said...

Free range chickens, so cute!

Gina Lento said...

These are cute!

My name is Erika. said...

I like these dancing and partying chickens Wendy. You can tell they don't get covid. Smile. Hugs-Erika

sirkkis said...

Nice joyful page. Thanks for a great AJ- theme for this month.
Have a healthy and happy November xx

craftytrog said...

Such a fun and colourful page Wendy! I love it! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now that's what I call FREE range, Wendy. This is wonderful, clever, quirky, and colorful. Thanks for this inspiring journal page you created using your theme at Art Journal Journey. I'm also thrilled you joined AEDM, too.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh these are FABULOUS!!! You made my day with this crazy chickens. Thank you. PS I am now following you. Enjoy your day.

Serena Lewis said...

OH, these hens are so cute and fun....love 'em!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I am on a massive catch up as I lost some of my comments (trying to comment on my tablet doesn't always work! I did see this and loved the chickens - chickens always make me laugh as they really do have characters!These here certainly do!! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun page - love it! Those chickens really made me smile 😀. Happy November! Hugs, Jo x

Blog Archive