Thursday 29 April 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

The background is distress inks in two colours with squares and rectangles inked through stencils, they are my inspiration for the background to this weeks page. I am entering this in Art Journal Journey where Eileen who is unfortunately no longer with us had 'Inspired by' as her theme. This has kindly been taken over by Erika and Chris.

The words this week are: "One day you'll go far, and I hope you stay there" What on earth went on here to make Ursula say those words to Margaret. They had been friends for a long time, but had gradually grown apart. Ursula had a steady job as a secretary with a law firm and Margaret had spent most of her time since school in furthering her education. She had never even had a job. She had degrees in so many things that Ursula had lost count., and Margaret was constantly telling her all about them. Ursula had had enough and after a lecture from Margaret about what a boring person she was, just doing a secretarial job, Ursula lost it and said " One day day you'll go far, and I hope you stay there" After that Ursula walked away and hoped she had heard the last of it.




9 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

How said they drifted apart and had to separate this way, but it happens! Love the characters, your fun background and the story (even though it is sad - lol). Super page, Wendy! Hugz

My name is Erika. said...

It's too bad they had to drift apart, but that does happen, doesn't it? It's sad when that happens. I like your figures this week. I can pick out who Ursula is and Margaret is. Thanks for all your art this month at AJJ. I'm glad you shared your mandalas and your Thursday Dylusions art with us. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

The stories that go with your art pages are thoroughly entertaining with the artwork to go along with. I can understand Ursula’s frustration. I’ve felt like saying that a time or two myself. Ha! That background is perfect with their wild outfits. Thanks for the chuckle today!

craftytrog said...

This made me smile. Great page Wendy!
Alison xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Margaret needs to put all that education to work and get a real job! I've known people like that as I was getting my degrees (while working full time, of course). I enjoyed seeing the ladies and the way you colored them. They were simply fun to see and read about. It's also another wonderful addition for Art Journal Journey honoring Eileen's theme. Thanks for sharing this fun journal page with us, too.

Neet said...

Fab figures and I just love that background. It is a gorgeous ix of colours and the clothes contrast so well with it.
I found this one a bit more difficult than the others to weave a story around. Now what is it next week? Oh yes, got it.
Hugs, Neet xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great the characters and the story too.
hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

That is such a difficult quote to illustrate and you have created a rather sad tale to go with it. (It was never going to have a happy ending was it?) Thanks for all of your lovely entries this month at AJJ. Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! Loving that bright and happy background and the figures look wonderful too 😁. I hope you're having a lovely Bank Holiday and wishing you a Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

Blog Archive