Thursday 25 January 2024

Thursday journal with Neet

 The words this week are 'Cleaning with children in the house is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos' It's Friday the 13th and Emily was not having a good day, the two boys were being as naughty as they could be. It had started badly when young Henry decided that his breakfast looked better on the floor than in his bowl and when his mum asked him to drink his milk, he knew fine that the bottom inside the cup had a picture of a train on it, so he tipped it out to have a look. The eldest one, Malcom wasn't helping by pretending that he was innocent of all wrong doing and started telling Henry off as well. "Malcom stop parenting, it's not your job" said Emily, " go and play you two, I have a house to clean."  Off they went to play in their bedroom while Emily cleaned up the kitchen. By the time she had finished that and went to do the lounge  the boys had gone downstairs and were busy spreading their toys all over the place. At this point Emily gave up and said out loud "Cleaning with children in the house is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos"

This story is not without a real story, my Mother in Law when my son aged about 2 ( now 58 this year) was told to hurry up and drink his milk because if he did he would see that there was a train at the bottom. So like Henry he tipped it all out to have a look. Note to self : I must remind him of that.

I am linking this to Erika's theme of It's on the calendar on Art Journal Journey.








5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Too funny, my grandson used to tip out milk or Cornflakes to see if there were presents inside - he once found something and then had to keep looking! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Oh no. That must have been quite a mess emptying out the milk. I don't know what is worse, not drinking their milk or spilling it. This is another fun page this week at AJJ. It works perfectly for the challenge with the calendar. I hope you are feeling better too and not having any more side effects either. Thank you for joining AJJ. And have a great rest of the week. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Hope the headaches are subsiding a little for you. I replied to your email but somehow sent it to my son on Messenger??? Shows what i am like at the moment.
Anyway, I love your book this week! Great story and fab picture, two naughty boys indeed.
Btw - it wasn't just Valerie's son who tipped the cornflakes out to find a toy in the packet, i used to do and `I was grown up, at least i think I was.
Hugs, and Thanks for linking me
Neet xx

Gillena Cox said...

Nice one !!!

Much♡love

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant! You have reminded me of the day one of my sons realised he was eating his cereal from the 'wrong' bowl - the bowl was across the table and on the floor before we could stop it! Thanks for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive