Thursday 1 February 2024

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 This week the words are 'Common sense is so rare these days, it should be classified as a super power' I quite agree, so many people don't seem to possess any common sense at all. Greta was lounging on the floor in her friends house and after they had watched the sunset for a while, they were discussing some of their work colleagues, and the ridiculous things they come out with. " Honestly Anne for someone with a university education the sales director at work comes out with the most ridiculous things. She can't even change a plug or know how things work, even simple things. I don't know how they manage everyday life when they don't seem to grasp the basics. "I totally agree with you"said Anne, "one of the girls at work was trying to put oil in her car through the small hole that the dip stick to test the level goes in. She wanted to know if anyone had a funnel so she could pour the oil through. I had to take her out and show her the proper place that didn't need a funnel. She then asked me if my dad was a mechanic and had told me all about engines, honestly 'Common sense is so rare these days, it should be classified as a super power'


There is a true story with this one. When I lived in the Highlands of Scotland, my mother in law lived in the cottage next to us. She came up to the house one day and asked if Mike had a funnel. When I asked what did she want one for, she told me she needed to put oil in her car. I said that I could do that for her and she said it was impossible with out a small ended funnel. I asked her to show me what she was trying to do and she pointed to the tiny hole for the dip stick. The rest is history, and I did try not to laugh. She had been a teacher  in her earlier days. I don't think it was on mechanics.

I a linking this to Art Journal Journey, where the theme of Keeping it light was set by Vicki Parsons of 'Stampedsmiles.com. I hope this qualifies for the challenge.

6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I see light coming in the window Wendy, and the pink wall is a light colored pink, so it works great. I give your MIL kudos for at least trying, but luckily you were there. Happy february to you, and thanks for sharing this page with us at AJJ. hugs-Erika

Gillena Cox said...

LOL!
Nice story and art

Much♡love

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is very clever. I agree about common sense. In this day and age when people don't even bother to spell words properly, common sense might as well be a super power. Thanks for the laugh and the great entry for Vicki's theme at AJJ.

*Vicki* said...

I have to chuckle at that quote! I love it along with your colors! I see the light through the window and it works wonderfully! I'm also thinking that perhaps there needs to be some "light bulb" shining for common sense too! That also works! Thanks for the laugh and inspiration!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Common Sense and General Knowledge - both seem to be thin on the ground these days! I love your page and story! The light at a good sunset is one of my favourite kinds of light. Thanks for sharing at AJJ, hugs Chrisx

Neet said...

Funny but as I read your story I thought, this has to be a true one from the archives. I knew it wouldn't be you though! Great way to link to the quote with your story Wendy.
Sorry I am leaving you on your own with this but three weeks on and no improvement, it really is a mess. I must keep it up as much as possible.
Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive