Thursday 18 January 2024

Thursday Journal with Neet

 Really struggling with this as I still have  the flashing lights of the migraine. and spent Monday night in Hereford hospital, where with extensive tests they discovered that I had had a small stroke near the optic nerve. So I now wear a heart monitor for two weeks then go on tablets try to prevent it happening again. I would love to get rid of these flashing lights  as I can't read, so hopefully they will eventually go away. Do excuse any mistakes in this as I really am struggling to see properly.

'I don't mean to brag, but I finished my 14 day diet in 3 hours and 12 minutes. These  are the words this week to try and fit in with Erika's theme on Art Journal Journey of 'It's on the calendar.'

Fiona and Heather had decided to go on a 14 day diet, even though Fiona didn't really need to loose weight, she thought it would encourage Heather to loose a few pounds that she had put on over Christmas. Fiona had made a slimming calendar and started on her first day. When Heather came round to see how Fiona was getting on she saw the calendar and asked Fiona why she had just put a line through all the days but the first one "well" said Fiona " I don't mean to brag, but I finished my 14 day diet in 3 hours and 12 minutes." Heather thought that even though Fiona said she didn't want to brag, that's exactly what she was doing. Heather just stopped herself from saying anything, and admitted to not having done very much on the first day, but would continue with it until she could get into her less floppy clothes.




4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh no Wendy. I had those flashing light migraines years ago, and I can't imagine what it's like that it's still going on. And sorry to hear you had a small stroke too. Hopefully it isn't anything with too much long term issues I know several people who had had them, but obviously not around the optic nerve with those lights. Do the doctors think they will go away? Even with this health issue. your page is great this week. It's a nice story, and I love you you incorporated a calendar too.Thanks so much for linking up to AJJ. It is really appreciated, especially since your vision isn't 100%. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

This telepathy is getting ridiculous. I spent Tuesday night in hospital. Had to have ambulance, can hardly walk, knee is split wide open and only part can be stitched together. Got broken ribs and loads of bruising here and there.
Glad I did this post ahead of time and next week's too.
So sorry to hear about you, hope they sort you out. Slow down Wendy. Nothing worth your health.
Love the page and the story. Nice outfit to hide the bulges.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear, Wendy, that doesn't sound goodx. I hope so much that it will go away again and wish you all the best for a speedy recovery! Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh dear Wendy! I hope you get suitable treatment! I love your page and that story made me smile! Thanks for sharing at AJJ Hope you are better soon. Hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive