Thursday 27 October 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 This week the words are 'Where's the unsubscribe button to adulthood'. Cara has had enough of her small daughters temper tantrums and as its approaching Halloween she is determined not to do anything special in the way of treats or trips around the neighbour's trick or treating. As far as Cara is concerned, Daisy does not deserve any treats this year. Cara had told her to tidy her bedroom and if she did she could help decorate the house ready for Halloween. Instead of tidying the room Daisy had painted the walls in all the colours of Halloween and half the carpet as well. This paint episode had also splashed all over the clothes that still littered the floor and on her new duvet cover. Cara didn't know where to start to clean it up, and having given Daisy a good telling off, she just sat on the pumpkin and wondered where she could find the unsubscribe button to adulthood from. I based this story on a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. There was a little girl, who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, when she was good, she was very, very  good, but when she was bad, she was horrid. Apparently he based it on his wife !!

I am linking this to Elle theme on Art Journal Journey where the theme is fairy tales, folelore and fables- Tell me a story.  I hope this story will qualify,




9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your page and story today, so funny. My aunt often quoted that verse at me! Your interpretation is fantastic! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

That story sounds like a parent's worst nightmare. But what a good story. I love your page Wendy. THose colors are lots of fun, and Daisy certainly looks like she can be a challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. hugs-Erika

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Wendy! I love your story and the colours on your page, but perhaps not for my walls haha. I had a friend at school who painted her bedroom in black gloss paint, OMG, what a nightmare. Happy National Black Cat Day! Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Neet said...

Had a bit of a day! Only just thought about blogland which is why I am so late. Love the story and thanks, it reminded me of that poem - I had no idea he based it on his wife. Poor woman. Love the picture.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps I wasn't referring to you and hubby in the names on mine, hope you realised

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to laugh at Daisy's wall and carpet. They truly were Halloween colors. Poor Cara. I feel for her. This is a fun story and a great entry for Elle's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Michelle said...

Wendy your art work is amazing. I love all the little details in their outfits. Ha! I am familiar with the Wadsworth poem, but had no idea it was inspired by his wife.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! That's some decorating trick! Poor Cara! Hugs,,Chrisx

Matilde said...

It's so amazing! And the story is great also :)

DVArtist said...

Another wonderful story and art. Your detail is amazing.

Blog Archive