Thursday 20 October 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 'Hey, train wreck, isn't this your station' are the words this week. I'm not sure that I know what that means exactly, so I am taking it as a bit if a mess or disaster. Diana has a friend coming round for a coffee before they go out on a Halloween night. When Alice turns up with her daughter Sophie,  Diana can't believe her eyes. She didn't want to dress up herself but was quite happy to walk around with Alice and her daughter who she was pleased to see was looking extremely ready for Halloween. On the other hand Alice looked like train wreck, her clothes were all the colours that didn't match and she even had dark glasses on. As it was night time that was a bit odd. and a witches hat would have looked more appropriate than that awful red thing she has on her head. Diana must had looked somewhat horrified and Alice asked her what was wrong. " Hey, train wreck, isn't this your station" said Diana, who had visions of people being more scared of Alice than Sophie. She just had to put a brave face on it and go out with them. She now wished she had dressed up and had a mask over her face, at least then people wouldn't recognise her.



I am linking this to Elles theme on Art Journal Journey of Fairytales, folklore and fables - tell me a story.

9 comments:

Neet said...

Great page, I love that little pumpkin child.
Someone described as a 'train wreck' is someone whose life is a shambles. Just because someone comes your way you don't have to accept what they do and are about.
I thought about Goldilocks and the three bears and her eating ones porridge etc and kind of wove my story around that to explain it. Whether it worked or not for other people I don't know, it worked for me.
Hope that helped.
Hugs, Neet xx

DVArtist said...

I so enjoyed this story and of course the wonderful art. Have a lovely day.

Empire of the Cat said...

Love the story Wendy, and the page, that little pumpkin girl too, and the bird. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I enjoyed your wonderful story and journal page, a great, fun entry for AJJ, thanks so much! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I like this quote and your story Wendy. I think my clothes are a bit of a train wreck today, although not so many colors as Alice. I'm headed out to walk, and I'm not sure what I really need to wear to warm and comfy. Smile. Hope you're having a great week Wendy. Hugs-Erika

Gillena Cox said...

Gorgeous art Wendy
Come join me ART FOR FUN FRIDAY

Much❤love

Michelle said...

A beautiful piece if art! I love the detail. And such a fun phrase to use as basis for both the art and the story.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love the Halloween inspired art you gave us and the fun way Alice looked. It is a truly fun entry and also a great entry for Elle's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear. I realize I am late again. Story of my life this month.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You made a great story out of the topics. The journal is fabulous!
Have a lovely weekend!Hug, Elke

Blog Archive