Thursday 6 October 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 The words this week are 'Please cancel my subscription to your issues'  Gina, lounging on the floor and taking it easy has a visitor, her friend Sophia. Not only can Gina not be bothered getting up to greet her but she takes one look at Sophia and moans under her breath. " What on earth have you got on your head she asks, and immediately wishes she hadn't as Sophia launches into her pre Halloween tale. "I bought this mask in Venice and I knew I just had to wear it for Halloween this year, isn't it wonderful, you really should dress up as well you would really enjoy it. We all get together and have a wonderful time walking around the streets and showing everyone how to dress up properly for the occasion" "You could take my black cat with you as well, at least that's authentic" replies Gina. " I think there are two rooks or crows up in that tree as well, they go with halloween don't they ?" "There's no need to be sarcastic Gina, we just like to have a good time and it's a tradition" By now Gina has heard enough and says" Please cancel my subscription to your issues" Gina had heard enough and just wanted some peace and quiet, and the cat didn't look very impressed either.

I am linking this to Art Journal Journey where Elle's theme for this month is Fairy tales, folk-lore and fables - Tell me a story. I hope the above fits the bill.

                                    



7 comments:

Neet said...

See, it wasn't that hard at all when you got down to it. A great idea and a lovely story to go with a beautiful page. Love Venice.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

I have a mask page today too, but I must admit, your mask is much prettier than the plain one I made. This is another great story, and I like how it relates to fairytales too. I hope all is well with you Wendy. And thanks for sharing with us at AJJ for Elle's challenge. hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

A super page Wendy and I love the story behind it! Love how you and Neet mention masks in your story, Hugs, Chrisx

DVArtist said...

A really lovely story and the art is fabulous. Have a nice weekend.

Gillena Cox said...

Wow. What a fun piece. Really luv this.

Much❤love

Michelle said...

Love this quote! Your story is so cute. The fashion police are the worst. Your illustration is totally awesome!

Empire of the Cat said...

Love the story Wendy and your page. The cat doesn't look impressed, does he lol he obviously agrees about the issues. Love how you tied it in to Halloween. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Blog Archive