Thursday 3 November 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

The words this week are If you met my family you would understand. I am linking this to Art Journal Journey where Elizabeth and Bluebeard have chosen Collage fodder and/or food and drink as their theme. I have collaged the whole page and then added my Dylusion figures and text on top.   Andrea has been to visit her new friend Natalie and this was her first visit to their house. She knew her new friend was a bit different, but how different she didn't realise until she arrived. Natalies parents were out and Andrea was ushered straight up to Natalies bedroom so they could have a good chat and listen to some music. Andrea came from a fairly normal family and had had an uneventful life so far. When she entered the room she didn't know where to look next. The whole room looked like an explosion in a paint shop, every colour seemed to be represented, and the walls were all different colours and looked like a tin of paint had just been thrown at them. Andrea didn't quite know what to say, apart from " It's very colourful, how did you make the walls look like that ?" She thought that was quite polite in the circumstances. Natalie said "Oh I just threw a tin of paint all over them and moved the paint about a bit with my hands" "Gosh don't your parents mind"asked Andrea. " Good heavens no said Natalie "If you met my parents you would understand"




8 comments:

Neet said...

Good thinking with the story, I like the paper you used for the collage. It really does look as if paint has been thrown on the wall and moved about - whether with hands or not I don't know. Ooer!
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page and story, and I love the quote, I can so relate to it. Thanks for linking to AJJ, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like how you collaged that background. It looks exactly as described, too. Thanks for sharing this fun story and wonderful entry with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

My name is Erika. said...

Great collaged background Wendy. I really like that blue-grey. And that's a great quote this week plus I like how you portrayed those girls. And nice story too. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ for B& E's challenge. hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

I think I forgot to mention a thank you for joining us at AJJ for Bleubeard and Elizabeth's challenge.

Gillena Cox said...

Luv that journal page.
I invite you to Art For Fun Friday HERE

Much❤love

pearshapedcrafting said...

Loving how you collaged the background! Imagining what my parents might have said! Thanks for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

nwilliams6 said...

Totally cool background, Wendy. Love the story and images too. This makes me laugh and reminds me of a memory. I actually let my oldest daughter do some crazy things with her walls when she turned 16. She had different colors and then wrote all kinds of inspiring words on the wall. Cost a bit to get repainted when the house was sold. She now does the most light and neutral walls of all of us - lol!

Hugz

Blog Archive