Thursday 17 June 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet.

This is my cup of care - Oh look it's empty. Not a very nice thing to say to your friend. Hazel on the left has been telling her friend Karen how ill she has been feeling over the last few months. What she hasn't suffered with isn't worth knowing about. What with feeling cold all the time, headaches that made her have to go to bed, a sore ankle that she twisted playing tennis, bunions and bad eyesight she was beginning to sound like and old lady, and she was only thirty two. She was a bit annoyed that there was no response from Karen, like some sympathy or even a word or two of compassion. She queried this with her and Karen's response was " This is my cup of care - oh it seems to be empty. I don't think they will be friends for much longer.


I an entering this in Mia's theme on Art Journal Journey where the theme is Butterflies.

6 comments:

Neet said...

You didn't need to tell me which one was Karen, her face said it all. The perfect face and figure for someone who had all the ailments of someone much older. I don't have that face??? Please tell me which one I am missing.
Love the blue background you have used.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The faces tell it all in this story you created for us to match your beautiful art. You must love to color, because those outfits are SO colorful and well done. Love the cup on Karen's knee and the butterfly on Hazel's hat. This is a lovely page and so appropriate for Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks so much for your support.

My name is Erika. said...

I don't think they will be friends long at all with that comment. But I do like your page. The border is great. I really finishes off your page. And thanks for adding butterflies and joining Mia's challenge at AJJ. Hope all is well with you and happy rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful story and page Wendy. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

The posture with the face speaks for itself! Another great story about it.
Great the outfit of the two women and the great printed side border.
Happy day, hugs-Elke

Meggymay said...

Oh dear I think they have fallen out another super story to illustrate your page Wensy. Thank you for linking with Mia's AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive