Thursday 20 February 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet


"If you're old enough to know better. You're too old to do it" are the words this week and it left me completely blank. I really couldn't think of what to do.
My mum told me to stop playing tennis when I was 40, so she no doubt thought I was too old for anything that took too much exertion. Good job I didn't take any notice.
My background is Dylusion spray inks and then sprayed with a gold metallic one.
The stamps are also Dylusions. The ladies are under a heart vine and the one standing on her head is showing off, the one on the left has decided that she's old enough to know better and isn't even going to try.
I am entering this in Elizabeths theme of hearts on Art Journal Journey


8 comments:

Neet said...

I just love the colours you have used in the background Wendy. Those hearts climbing down are fabulous and a stamp I am not familiar with so who makes it as I can see how useful it is (and not just for the heart challenge). Yes, it was not an easy quote to work with but, as you keep telling me, it is a challenge! On to the next. lol
Hugs, Neet xx

Cath Wilson said...

Haha, Wendy. So different from Neet's illustration but so good. Love your figures. The girl on her head is a stroke of genius and the product of a good sense of humour! Love it.
Cath x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw this and laughed and laughed. It is so cleverly created and executed, too. You not only went for the wow factor, you went for the FUN factor. That heart vine is beautiful and the bits of god are perfect as an accent color. So glad one of the ladies had sense enough to know better! I know I"m thrilled you share this with us at Art Journal Journey using my theme. I know it's a fabulous entry, too!!!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

this fun the page with the fgures!!! so Fabulous !!!
Greetings elke

Meggymay said...

Your never to old to have fun, be different or try something new. Your page is fantastic Wendy and O was so happy to see you had linked it to the Art Journal Journey theme.
Yvonne xx

Heather said...

Gorgeous colours and love the words. I am definitely old enough to know better but I'm not sure I quite agree with them!

My name is Erika. said...

I love the upside lady! This is a lot of fun Wendy. And that heart chain is perfect for making this work with Elizabeth's challenge at ARt Journal Journey. Thanks for sharing. Hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

This is soooo fun! Love the girl on her head and your fab green bg. The characters are really cool. Glad you didn't listen to your Mom this time.

Blog Archive