Thursday 13 February 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

'You can't have everything, where would you put it ?' are the words for this week, and as I am away at one of my daughters  from Tuesday to Thursday, I am getting it done  early.
Again I have used a mop up page and added some lines of hearts and a stencil at the base.
I think mum might be sitting on her daughters dolls house, and the little girl wants to keep adding too much furniture to it. Or she might want even more dolls houses and make a village. Anyway mum is not taking the bait, and asks a very sensible question.
Perhaps we should ask ourselves that when we spy yet more craft stuff. I have a huge room and couldn't fit much more in without a big shoehorn.
As the weather today is so bad ( Monday) I am confined to the house for which my back is very grateful, so down to the studio where I have several things on the go ( understated)
We are are off to Derbyshire tomorrow to have lunch with Peter's brothers and cousin, we must be mad going that far for lunch. No comments needed here.
It actually snowed heavily while we were eating lunch, and they had to have a relay of men on the road out of the golf club to push heavy cars like mine up a slope to get out. The main road was like an ice rink.

I am also adding this to Elizabeth's theme of hearts on Art Journal Journey.

8 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...


The weather is so bad with you with the cold and great that you were so creative again with the mom with back pain on the doll house, close that is fun!
I hope you get better soon and the weather!
Greetings Elke

Neet said...

Not an easy one to portray was it? Love the background with the hearts cascading down and the idea of mum sitting on the dolls' house. Bet she was a tad uncomfortable and didn't stay long.
Must have been a bit hairy driving back from Derbyshire in that awful weather. I think staying home is on the cards when storms like Ciara are in full force, what a shame you had to go out, and all that way. Bet you would have preferred to stay at home.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic and fun page Wendy. Thank you for adding another great page to this month Art Journal Journey theme.
Yvonne xx

Heather said...

We can only try to have everything we want and find room for it! Lovely colours and background once more with those quirky figures. Safe journeys if you are driving over the weekend as the forecast is not good again.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How clever, Wendy. I like how you had the focal lady sitting on her daughter's doll house. One can imagine what the child wants to add to it. I love your mop up page. It worked well for you and was a great backdrop to the mother and child. And of course, I can't overlook the hearts, because they fit so nicely with my theme at Art Journal Journey. Great way to show this quote.

nwilliams6 said...

Very fun! Love your background with the hearts and fun colors. The Mum and daugther are fun and go so well with your phrases. Very good lesson here. We do need to tap down the "I want" monster for sure! I stuggle with it because I love the minimalist concept but love to have things here when I need them. Hopefully you get some good weather soon. Love your page.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun page. And it would be fun to have as many art supplies as you waned, but then you would forget what you had I guess. This is great Wendy. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

pinky said...

Very cool page Wendy! The images are brilliant and your background is perfect!!

Blog Archive