Thursday 13 December 2018

Thursday Journal with Neet.

I think it was my choice this week with the quote " Caution, mood swing in progress"
My background is distress oxides with a star stencil. The main figure and mushrooms are from Dylusions, and the bird a Tim Holtz one.
I have tried to stick to a fairly simple colour palette for a change, and of course it had to be turquoise and green.
I am also entering this in A Vintage Journey where the theme is Star light star bright. I hope this meets the requirements for this theme.


With Christmas fast approaching I am trying to organise myself. Cards done - yes
All presents bought - Nearly
Food - Gets lots in as my son is coming back from Russia for two weeks and he's bound to be hungry
Christmas over at one daughters and New Year with the other one, so I can share their brother equally. Two Christmases this year without me having to cook one of the big meals. What a change.


7 comments:

Neet said...

Happy Christmas sounds to be on the cards - lovely! At least you will get a rest after the op.
Love the journal page - especially the green cat - she looks amazing.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a fun page Wendy. And I am jealous you are having such a cook-free holiday. But how much fun to have 2 celebrations and get to spend that time with your kids. I'm in that wrap up mode and making the same kind of list. Happy rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

Heather said...

Love the colours, love the background and love the sentiment. Another success. It sounds as if you have Christmas all sorted. I shall have no cooking to do either and probably wont be allowed to lend a hand. I get really spoiled at Christmas.

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - there is such incredible depth in the background - looks as though the stars are stretching way into the distance. You can't go far wrong with turquoise and green as far as I'm concerned (in fact there's one arriving in just those colours tomorrow morning over at mine!), and I love the fashionable cat in her big boots and that blushing bird.
Alison x

Meggymay said...

It is a super fun page Wendy, the images look fantastic and the cat sure has a bit of attitude, the way she is standing.
It sounds like Christmas is all organised for you, have a good time with the family.
Yvonne xx

Annie said...

What a super fun card and I love the background and of course that amazing cat xx Great to have you on board with us at A Vintage Journey for Julia's challenge.

Best wishes
Annie x

Julia Aston said...

what a great stenciled star background you created for your funky cat girl and mushrooms Wendy! Love the green and blues - thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Stars Challenge! xx

Blog Archive