Saturday 4 December 2010

Tim Holtz 12 days of Christmas tags Day 4


Well, I didn't have any of the things Tim used, so really had a struggle with this one, especially as I don't really do bling. I covered the tag with some wintery looking trees, and with the lack of facets, tried his technique on some acrylic tags. It worked, so off I went. I alcohol inked around some round acrylic tags as well, and stuck on two angel pictures. These were instead of the Santa picture on Tim's. I inked up a largish glass drop (thank you Sherry),
I hung the tag and glass thingy at the top, and stuck on the two angel tags. I blinged up the bottom of the tag with some gems and a wire Christmas.
I must now clean the house and prepare dinner for our friends

17 comments:

Helen said...

For someone who doesn't do bling, this looks great! Love your background.

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Well, who doesn't do bling??? I don't believe you LOL :D
Its gorgeous!!!
Julie xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning! I love your version Wendy! x

flutterbycrafter said...

Love this version, love the angles and background.

Netty said...

wow its gorgeous Wendy, I love your interpretation. Annette x

Sue said...

This is beautiful Wenty, I love your background and your sentiment at the bottom x

Heather said...

Another great result. I rather like your restrained bling Wendy and the way you use what you have rather than follow instructions to the letter. I love those background trees.

Artyjen said...

Oooh! Wendy! So icy...so wintery.....so gorgeous :)
Hey! Straight to you blog post too....glad it worked ;)
xoxo Sioux

Joan said...

Lovely tag, thats a beautiful background stamp and sentiment and I love the angels.

Donna said...

Love your take on Tim's Tag, love those tree's in the background.
Beautiful.
Donna x

The Dolphin Inn said...

This is such an elegant alternative to T!ms tag, the background is so pretty and I adore your angels Wendy, thankyou for sharing xxx

Meggymay said...

Great improvising Wendy, its a super tag.

Sherry said...

It's lovely, fantastic background and colour. I thought the glass drop looked familiar - I won't have any of the right stuff for this tag either so will probably use one of those too!

Fliss said...

Just gorgeous! Fabulous improvising.
x

Laura said...

Great tag. You achieved all the techniques so well! Thanks for joining and sharing with us at SCD this week.

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing along with SCD the 12 tags are so much fun your doing wonderfully

Love Dawn xx

http://lcg-arteemanhas.blogspot.com/ said...

absolutely stunning!!
xx

Blog Archive