Friday 3 December 2010

Tim Holtz 12 days of Christmas tags


I've never attempted these before, but thought the challenge would do me good. Like I needed something else to do. I don't have that many of Tim's fabulous dies or stamps, but will try to make do with what I have. I might even use up some of my stash.
For the first one I had a house die, but not his. I cut offf the spooky bits, and used grungboard, with a different embossing folder (distressed lines) Cut it up as instructed and there was my house. I put a heap of white acrylic paint at the bottom and on the roof and fence for snow, sprinkled glitter on it and waited for it to dry. I actually had some mica that I had been too mean to use, so in the windows that went. I made a ticket and stamped the only stamp I had that fitted on it.
I would like his fence edge die, well I would actually like all of them. I hope Santa is listening. My tags I cut out, so I have no idea what size his are (tags that is)
The garland I made with great difficulty by gluing together tiny holly leaves ( I have a tiny holly leaf punch) The easy bit was putting the ink on the background.
Watch this space for day 2, I have no stamps for this, so brain working overtime.

9 comments:

Sherry said...

Your is great Wendy, I love the house and the three D effect of it all. I'm working on mine at the moment and don't have any house dies so have cut one by hand - well, more of a rough shack really, but hopefully I can make it look Christmassy!

Anonymous said...

Your tag is faulous Wendy! Great improvisation!
Alison x

Joanne said...

Well I think your intuition did good 'cos this tag is fab. Tim's tags are 160mm x 80mm if that helps. xx

Donna said...

Oh gorgeous Tag, love the tree!
Donna x

The Dolphin Inn said...

Beautifully creative version of T!ms tag Wendy, your house and tree look fantastic, cant wait to see what you do with tag 2 - thanks for sharing xxx

Fliss said...

A gorgeous tag Wendy, all the improvising is fabulous.
I didn't have any of the stuff for day 2 either but I think that actually helps as I just had to find things that went together rather than trying to find something to go with the proper stuff (which is why I struggled with this one!!!)
x

Netty said...

Oh wow Wendy your tag is just gorgeous. Brilliant work. Annette x

Meggymay said...

Smashing tag, the house is fantastic.

Astrid Maclean said...

Great tag Wendy and at least s good as Tim's. Love how you have just used what you had anyway.

Blog Archive