Wednesday 8 December 2010

Tim Holtz 12 days of Christmas tags Day 8


Oh, didn't like this one at all. I had to draw and make my own mask, and in paper is was very difficult to ink it up properly. The whole thing ended up with a halo round it. Good technique, but only with the right stuff. I used a Crafty Individuals flourish stamp, and cut out some houses on card. Inked them up, and painted some puff paint on the top for snow. I didn't like the clock or photo corners so left them out, and put on a wooden Christmas tree instead. Not my favourite tag.

11 comments:

Heather said...

You criticise your work too harshly Wendy. It may not be as striking as the previous tags but it is still a fun design.

Netty said...

Wendy I heartily applaud you for being so creative at drawing and cutting out your own shapes, you are a better woman than me I can tell you. Brilliant work my friend. Annette x

Treasure said...

Like Heather said...You really shouldn't criticize your work
I like it...

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Wow well done on creating the mask!! Even theproper one has a halo so don't worry about it :D
Julie xx

The Dolphin Inn said...

I didnt have the right stuff either Wendy and it gave me a big headache too, never mind ! Your tag looks wonderful though, I like how you improvised and I totally agree with Netty - kudos to you xxx

Jan said...

Now that's being REALLY innovative and creative. Well done!

Maureen said...

Think i'll pass this one !

Meggymay said...

Wendy you deserve a medal for making your own mask. Brill tag. x

Donna said...

Gorgeous Tag, you should be proud of your creativeness! Even Tim's Tag has a halo, loved the double masking today though!
Donna x

Minxy said...

A blog from my do-crafts past..{how did i not notice b4} i have an ATC or 2 of yours i believe... Great tag Wendy, are you having as much fun as i am with these, gotta love Tim :D

Fliss said...

A really lovely interpretation Wendy.
x

Blog Archive