Thursday 16 February 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet.

Our words this week from Tim Holtz snarky comments are 'I have absolutely no desire to fit in'  Clare is in her lounge talking to her tame owl that she found injured after a car had hit it. It hardly left her side and didn't seem to want to fly away into the countryside. Her friend Angie thought she was a bit weird and had told her to take it to the vet, not try to help it back to good health herself. As she stormed into the room in her usual manner, always in a rush, Angie just looked at Clare and shook her head in that knowing way she had.  "Clare, I thought you might like to go to the cinema tonight to see the new James Bond film, it's on at the local"

"I really can't be bothered " Clare said, "and why would I want to go out with you in that ridiculous hat?" "it's not ridiculous, and I've only just bought it, it needs a trip out" 

"Now that is silly, but in a different colour it would be ideal for Halloween, but it's only February now" said Clare.

"Well if you would rather stay in with your owl, that's fine, but I have absolutely no desire to fit in" said Angie, and off she went to check on cinema times and to find someone else to go with.

I am linking this to Erika's theme of Seeing red on Art Journal Journey


 

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great quote and a wonderful story. I also prefer not to fit in! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A great story and Clare did well to stay with her owl.
You did a great job on the journal page!
Have good day, hug Elke

My name is Erika. said...

That red hat is actually quite interesting. But it works great with the TH quote. And you used some great red too. Thank you for joining us at AJJ and also for using the red to join my challenge too. It's appreciated. Have a great rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page Wendy! Clare did the right thing to stay with her owl. Thanks for sharing again for Erika's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

Gillena Cox said...

Nice sentiment and art

Much❤love

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So very sorry to be three days late visiting. I've had company here since Friday. Now they are about board an airplane back to California. I also don't want or care to fit in. I think this is a great journal page and fits in nicely with Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. I like the hat!

Blog Archive