Thursday 2 February 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words this week are ' Don't judge me' On  Tuesday evening I was doing some colour theory and had some red paint left over. Rather than waste it I brayered it onto a blank page In my art journal calendar book. How lucky was that when on Wednesday morning I found that Erika had chosen the colour red for her theme on Art Journal Journey. I took a copy of it and pasted it onto my journal page for today. I will try and use it for another entry for AJJ later in the month.  Jo had invited her friend Tracey round for a drink and to see her new flat. She had been so pleased with her first attempt at decorating and was looking forward to see what Tracey thought of it. Tracey having said what a nice district it was then asked Jo what she had put the paint on the wall with. Jo thought that was a stupid question and said a paint roller of course. Tracey then went on to explain that she didn't have enough paint on the roller and it was best to kept it going in the same direction, not all over the place with uneven covering like Jo had done. Well I like it said Jo, don't judge me. While she was on a roll Tracey then mentioned the purple ladybird on Jo's head and the very colourful cat that looked as if it had been painting as well. Tracey dreaded to think what furnishings Jo was going to choose to go with the wall. Well if you like it, then that's good said Tracey hoping that that would rectify her comments.

I an linking this to Erika's theme of Seeing Red on Art Journal Journey. The words sort of go with it as well this week. I think I would see red if someone criticised my decorating.https://art-journal-journey.blogspot.com/2023/02/seeing-red.html



7 comments:

Neet said...

Another successful story and journal page for you. How lucky was that with the red paint. I thought I was doing well with the pink but nowhere near as well as you did. Great story too, I found this one difficult and yet I knew it shouldn't be.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

A great page and story Wendy, and I love those red boots!
Alison x

My name is Erika. said...

I love the story about the red wall. It definitely looks like she was not an experienced roller user. Smile. And I love the red boots too. (I would actually like a pair of red boots, though where I would wear them I can't say.) I'm glad you had some red paint out and at the ready. We must been thinking along the same line of thought. Thanks so much for joining in at my challenge at AJJ, and Happy Feb. 2 to you. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun story and a lovely journal page! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A great story, as everyone likes it I say!
Your journal page fits in beautifully with the red theme.
Have a beautiful Week, hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your story and your page and I especially love that you had that red paper that became an important part of your story. A super page for Erika's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun story. Looks like my first paint job. This was a really clever background and perfect for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Of course I adored the cat!

Blog Archive