Thursday 22 September 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 I am in Cornwall for a few days so had to this and the next one in advance ( I will be in Pembrokeshire for that one)  The words this week are 'It's a beautiful day to leave me alone' and is another one of Tim Holtz snarky sayings.  Suzanne has gone for a walk with her dog and her friend Diane and is all dressed up as if she is going to town or somewhere posh. Diane has just dressed for a walk as it was a lovely day, and a walk in the country was just what she needed. She had had a really stressful week at work and needed the fresh air and some exercise to make her relax. She couldn't understand why Suzanne was in long sleeves with a huge handbag and big clumpy boots, as well as a matching hat of course. She couldn't resist mentioning it all too Suzanne, even though she knew she had a rather silly hat on herself. Suzanne immediately retaliated with "It's a beautiful day to leave me alone" Diane turned her back on her and walked home.



I am linking this to Neet's theme of fur or feathers on Fur or Feathers

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful ful page, story and quote. I must remember that quote for myself! Thanks for linking to AJJ! Please try and make a tag for Tag Tuesday, there are only 2 tags up to now! Hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

A lovely page Wendy. I didn't find this quote easy to use, don't know if you struggled too. However you managed to weave a story around it and made a lovely journal page. You even got some fur in there.
Hugs, Neet (having problems with the internet up here) xx

Sharon Madson said...

Love that quote and page!

My name is Erika. said...

That quote works for how I felt today. (It was raining and I just wanted to be left alone to make art all day-smile). I hope you have a nice trip to Cornwall. I really enjoyed your story, and I can understand why Diane just wanted to go for a walk by herself. Thanks for sharing this page with us at AJJ for Neet's challenge. The dog is perfect. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not even sure if you will see this post because I am SO far behind. There are days I feel the exact same way. I like how you used the stamped images to tell the story perfectly. This is a fabulous entry for Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Blog Archive