Thursday 1 September 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words this week are ' I thought I couldn't love you less - you proved me wrong' Angela has been looking after her nephew Malcolm while her sister is in hospital having a little sister for Malcolm. He is not pleased and has been naughty ever since his dad dropped him off. First of all he didn't want a silly sister, he wanted a brother his age that he could play with. Angela had tried to explain to him that they were very small at first and took a few years before she could play with him. In that case, as far as he was concerned she could cancel the baby and get one that was a bit bigger and could play with him straight away. Angela was beginning to loose patience with him, and he was getting more devious and naughty by the minute. Even when he was small and she looked after him, he would empty the cupboards that he could reach, often breaking things that fell out. This time he had really made her angry as he had gone next door and let out their pet bird, no doubt with the help of Angela's cat who was looking very guilty. Now he was just looking for things to do wrong and Angela wondered if it might help if she took him to the hospital and showed him his sister Elsbeth. Looking him she decided to wait a while and see if she could find something else to distract him with.

Neet is hosting Art Journal Journey this month and as I didn't know what Neet was going to choose for her theme, I had to leave the theme out of this page until this morning. Luckily my story fitted the bill with the addition of a bird and a cat, and an extra story to put with the original one.




7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you add the cat and bird to your page Wendy and make it work for Neet's theme. Poor Malcolm learning one of life's lessons that may not be how he's like it. But it makes a great story, and I do like your page. Thanks for linking up for Neet's challenge. And Happy September to you! hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Great page and story Wendy. Your stories are getting longer and longer and I am loving the new story telling you.
This is a great way to illustrate the quote and I just love how you managed to get it to fit in with my theme at the last minute.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, and the quote is really good, I always love the stories you and Neet cook up! Ah yes, poor Malcolm! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this! Smart move to add the bird and the cat! I love your story- poor Malcolm, hope he gets on with his new sister! Hugs, Chrisx

DVArtist said...

I always love the story behind the art. Just wonderful. Have a lovely day today.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It must have been hard not knowing Neet's theme at first. So glad you were able to come up with a way to work a bird and a cat into the story line. This was excellent and such a clever use of your tale and art. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey using Neet's theme, dear.

nwilliams6 said...

Great page, Wendy. I like the stenciling and fun characters. He just looks like trouble and so does the cat! Great story too. Hugz

Blog Archive