Thursday 25 August 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 'I will try to be nice to you, but often my mouth gets in the way, these are the words this week, and as Dylusion images don't include many children images, I decided to use these stencil/masks and used them as silhouettes. Martha on the right has just spent all this weeks pocket money on a new hairstyle, and her friend Maisie who has naturally curly hair is just looking at her with astonishment. "What on earth do you think you look like Martha, your hair looks like lampshade, it's only missing the frill at the bottom" Maisie said without an ounce of kindness. "That was really cruel" said Martha, "I don't comment on your hair" "I'm sorry" said Maisie "I will try to be nice to you, but often my mouth gets in the way" 

I am linking this to Chris's them of When we were young on Art Journal Journey

When I was in Junior school my mum left me at the hairdressers and popped round to a shop. The hairdresser cut it at a very crooked angle at the back and when I found out I didn't want to go to school until it grew out. I did have to go though.





7 comments:

Neet said...

I don't recognise those stencils you used - are they Dyans? They certainly are different to any I have although mie are lost apart from the children one I used the other week.
I remember a visit to the hairdressers and having, I think - a wireless perm? Strange thing but some kind of contraption that I was hooked up to (by my hair of course) and it was for more permanent ringlets for a wedding where I was a bridesmaid. Memories eh?
Loved the background on your page.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page, and a fun quote this week, I think it was made for me! And thanks for joining us again at AJJ, much appreciated!

DVArtist said...

Oh yes my mouth gets in my way too. LOL I love this. Have a very nice weekend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a great quote, Wendy and I think it has happened to a lot of us at one tine or other. It sure has to and by me. This is an adorable true story from your childhood and it's also perfect for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you made your people this week Wendy. It's a fun take and something different. Nice page for Chris' challenge, and I'm glad you were able to join us. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

*Vicki* said...

This is such a fun take on the "youth" challenge! I love that memory at the hairdresser and shopping which is something that I remember as a teen myself! Love that wonderful quote about the mouth getting in the way! LOL!! Wonderful inspiration!

NatureFootstep said...

I like your post and the way the girl speaks. She talks before she thinks. :) Love yoru silhouettes. :)

Blog Archive