Thursday 11 August 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 The words this week are 'I'm sorry I upset you, I'll try not to be right next time' Sue's neighbour Pauline had come round to have what Sue thought was gong be a friendly chat. They had been neighbours and friends since Sue had moved there seven years ago. Since then Sue had had a baby and Jason was now five years old. Sue had a sinking feeling that the visit was something to do with Jason. Pauline started talking as soon as she entered the room, "I'm sorry Sue but Jason keeps kicking his football into our garden and it's knocking down all my plants. He is definitely doing it on purpose. I don't think so Sue said, he wouldn't do that, he's a very good boy. Pauline kept going on about it and Sue was getting very upset. In the end Pauline stormed out of the room saying "I'm sorry I upset you, I'll try not to be right next time" 

 When my brother and I were kids we had a neighbour who lived on the opposite corner to us. Our games usually entailed a ball game, it was just the size of the ball that changed. There was a a lot of space from across the road but the ball always seemed to land in our neighbours garden. They didn't have any kids and he always told dad about it and grumbled. In the end we were too scared to go and ask for it back. 

I am linking this to Chris's theme on Art Journal Journey which is 'When we were young'




6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, and the quote is one I must remember! Hope you are feeling better! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I remember having neighbors I was scared of. Funny how kids can view adults, isn't it? The neighbors for me were some sisters who lived next door and didn't bother anybody. But they did put up a fence between our yard and theirs. I like your page this week Wendy, and the story too. I wonder how often that happens. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ for Chris' challenge. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Good to see you calling on stories from the past to illustrate the quote. I did begin to think your new neighbours were playing havoc with your garden at the moment. Hopefully not.
Love the story and the page is fab as always.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page and a fun story too! We always had to ask neighbours for our balls back when they went in their front gardens 😊. Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh dear! It can't be good to fall out with neighbours. I love these two characters- great colours too! Thanks for joining in at AJJ and my theme. Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wanted to visit last week, but my computer was "frozen" and I'm not sure if Erika warned you or not that I was offline.

What a fun and very different take on the theme than Neet used. I love the unique take on this quote. I really LOVE the snarky attitude. Rather different from what actually happened with you and your bother as children. It's also a great page for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Thanks for linking.

Blog Archive