Thursday 17 February 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 I am trying to cut down on the amount of coffee I drink, it's only 2-4 cups a day and was doing quite well until I started doing my journal pages. The words this week are 'This coffee would work a lot better if I could throw it at some people'                                                                                                                  Geraldine was talking to her friend Grace as they had spent few hours at a coffee charity meeting for saving the local village green. They both thought it was a good cause as they felt the village needed a focal point that was not the pub. They were, as they found out in the minority. It seemed that most of the others that had bothered turning up were quite happy for the local builder to build houses on it. Grace was pretty sure that he wouldn't get planning permission, but was willing to fight to save the green. Everybody was getting really het up about it, so the two of them left to have another coffee at Graces house, which overlooked the green. After they discussed it further Grace made coffee and said to Geraldine " This coffee would work a lot better if I could throw it at some people" Geraldine agreed.

I am linking this to Elizabeth's theme of What's your style on Art Journal Journey.




5 comments:

Neet said...

Clever use of the quote. As I don't drink either tea or coffee I cannot remember what happens when caffeine is no longer in the system. I can well imagine this scenario taking place.
We have both used the same figure, this has to stop LOL. (telepathy if someone reading this doesn't know)
Hugs, Neet xx

nwilliams6 said...

So in love with that quote. I plan to use it today somehow because it makes me smile!

Great images and story and background as always Super creative stuff, Wendy.

Hugz

My name is Erika. said...

Geraldine and Grace have the right spirit, but too bad they were up against so many people. I like your ladies this week, and that polka dot background too. Sorry to hear you drank too much coffee this week too. I don't drink coffee (tea for me), but I also drink diet coke and I try to not drink much, but some days, i just end up drinking too much. Smile. Thanks for sharing your fun page with us at AJJ for Elizabeth's challenge, and have a great rest of your week Wendy. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You and Neet are usually on the same wavelength, but this is a totally different take on this great sentiment you two have chosen this week, even though your Dyan image is the same. I just hope Grace and Geraldine get to keep the green. There is not enough of it left in this world. Thanks so much for the cute take on this sentiment and for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

Meggymay said...

A great pair of characters on this fantastic page Wendy, your back stories are always so good to read.
Stay safe and I am sorry to be late calling in.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive