Thursday 3 February 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

This week was a really difficult one, and as usual I did it last minute. 'Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. I couldn't find suitable figures, especially for the man so resorted to using Dyan's couture range of stamps. As none of her heads fitted the theme I did  a drawing for the lady and a magazine face for the man. Apart from the faces everything else is Dyan Reaveley, so it goes with Elizabeths theme of 'What's your style' on Art Journal Journey. My style on this one is Dyan Reaveley and Dylusions.

The story for this one is very simple, Jake has been working his way from office boy to head of department in the firm he works for, and according to the story he tells everyone he did it all on his own initiative. His wife knows better and has been pushing him all the way to better himself, and it was an uphill struggle. Angela worked for the same firm and could see he had potential, and as she took a fancy to him decided she would help him along. After they were married she pushed harder and they were now both successful and well off. The fact that he took all the credit just made her roll eyes in a can you believe what he just said sort of way.




7 comments:

Neet said...

We've used the same stamps - I had no idea you had this set. So glad you have as it works for this challenge on AJJ doesn't it.
Love the colouring, especially her dress.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

You did create a lot of style Wendy, even if it wasn't smooth sailing to start with. I like how you added the magazine face to the man. And the lady's head does fit well. It belongs on that dress for certain. I like you page and you certainly went for a lot of style. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. I hope the new month is treating you well too. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

Brilliant! I love this page Wendy.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds just like a man taking all the credit for success. This is a brilliant journal page, Wendy and I love the story behind the art. I enjoyed seeing these smaller Dyan images, too. The background is lovely and the coloring is superb. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool images and your alterations are super creative, Wendy. Love the story too. The inspiration words totally crack me up because they are so true! Fun page and well done! Hugz

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love this page with those bright pops of red in their clothing both very well dressed Wendy. The quote is fab, I roll my eyes often haa haa Hugs Tracey xx

Meggymay said...

Super stand out outfits on your fantastic page Wendy and as always the back story you write adds to the enjoyment of seeing your art.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive