Thursday 10 February 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 The words this week are ' The only reason I have a kitchen is because it came with the house' Ellie does not like cooking and spends as much time eating round her parents as she can. Her two best friends asked her why she doesn't like cooking, and she explained that she really isn't good at it and the only reason she has a kitchen is because it came with the house' Her friends like to cook and sometimes she goes round theirs, and strangely enough they haven't risked asking Ellie to cook a meal for them. The rest of the time microwave meals suit her fine. The kitchen has one use and that is she feeds her cats there. Another advantage of not cooking is you don't have to clean the oven, and there aren't many worse jobs than that.

I am linking this to Elizabeth's theme of What's your style on Art Journal Journey. Another Dyan Reaveley style one.



6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Fun page Wendy. That is a great quote you had this week. I love how you created the kitchen counter and added the cats too. Ellie might like to cook more if it didn't like such a chore to her, but she and my daughter could be of the same mind- let someone else do it. Happy Thursday. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

Oh and thanks for sharing this for Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ also. It is a perfect example of your Thursday style.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page! Loving all the detail with the patterns on the brick wall and tiled floor and wow, those kitchen units are beautifully drawn - perfect 😁. Enjoy the rest of the week and happy weekend! Hugs Jo x

Meggymay said...

A fun and fantastic page using the quote you had chosen to use. I was pleased to read the cats were looked after and fed and who is happy to clean cookers. I don't know anyone who likes that job.
Stay safe and thank you for linking with us at AJJ Wendy.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this story you created this week, Wendy. I'm with Ellie. Give me the microwave any day. Bleubeard applauds Ellie, too for taking care of and feeding the cats. I really like her kitchen. It is much nicer than mine! Thanks ever so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

Neet said...

This reminds me of your kitchen with its lime green walls Wendy. Both great - your page and your kitchen.
I think lots will agree with your story that cleaning ovens is the worse job!
Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive