Thursday 13 January 2022

Thursday journal with Neet.

 It's all fun and games until your jeans don't fit. These are the words for this week. Jean her friend Grace are wondering if they should go into town and do some clothes shopping. They had both spent the Christmas and New Year period eating their way through family and friends meals. They had hardly cooked any meals themselves and had definitely eaten far too many rich meals. Now it was time to take stock. There was definitely a sign that things were not as usual, they were both wearing skirts instead of jeans. "Well are we going into town or not? Jean wanted to know. "I think we will have to" Grace said. "Lets face it, it's all fun and games until your jeans don't fit;  let’s go to town and buy some bigger jeans.”



I am linking this to Erika's theme of Let's face it, on Art Journal Journey.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page and story, I think we all know that feeling when the jeans suddenly 'shrink'. Thanks for joining us for Erika's challenge at AJJ, have a great day! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Those rich holiday meals will do it to you. I like these friend. I think it was smart to have them in these dressed because their jeans don't fit. Smile. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ, and I particularity appreciate you sharing for my face challenge Wendy. Hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Well, we didn't collaborate on the choice of figures, must be that telepathy thing at work again.
Great story, both quite similar but at least we got them a bit different.
Notice I mentioned our taste in jeans not being available - you with short and me with long. Not tried for them for a while maybe I will be lucky next time. Any joy for you?
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant page and story for Erika's theme at AJJ. I hardly ever wear skirts. Hugs, Chrisx

Mary Anne said...

Another story! I am really enjoying all the AJJ pages - so different and all so wonderful. Wish I could comment on them all!

Mary Anne

Meggymay said...

A great fun quote to use and I think many of us can relate to this one. Its a fantastic page and thank you for linking to Erika's theme at AJJ.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

This is exactly what happened to me over the holidays! I had to diet and exercise to get back in my jeans! Love your page, Wendy - very fun and very fitting! Fun. Hugz

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually LOVE wearing dresses in the summer, but not in the winter. This was a fun page and I really like how you colored the outfits. This is such a clever back story. It's also perfect for Erika's theme at AJJ. Thanks for sharing it, Wendy.

Blog Archive