Thursday 30 December 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

 This is the last Thursday journal page with a link to Valeries theme on Art Journal Journey' When one door closes, another one opens' The words we are using this week are 'Don't forget to set your scales back 10 lbs. Lucy has been out with her friend for a large celebration meal to celebrate the fact they had both managed to avoid getting Covid for two years and that a New Year was a day or two away. They both hoped that the New Year would be better than the last two. Hazel her friend was dressed in red and green with an outfit that disguised the fact that she had put on a lot of weight. Lucy had put on a bit but not as much as Hazel. She thought the best and kindest way to tell her was to make a bit of a joke about it.  She said to Hazel, so when you get home, don't forget to set your scales back 10lbs. I'm going to do it, it will make us both feel great in the morning. 




5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks Wendy, that's a good idea with setting the scales back 10 pounds, thanks, I'll do that! Thanks for another lovely journal page for my challenge at aJJ, much appreciated! Happy New Year, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Two very festive young ladies in their red and green. I know exactly what she means about setting the scales back by 10 lb but I don't think even that is enough for me and the way I have become a chocoholic over Christmas.
Happy New Year Wendy - to you and yours
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

That outfit does make Hazel look like she's gained a pound or two, which is sad for Hazel but definitely perfect for your quote this week. I love the wooden door and the flooring too. This is another super page, and thanks so much for sharing this with us at AJJ. Have a safe and happy new year too. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm having a terrible time with certain blogger blogs. I can't leave comments and I get error messages. This is so frustrating and I am pulling my hair out.

Poor Hazel. She really looks like she needs to set those scales back. I think this is a great entry for yours and Neet's journal, and it's also a wonderful entry for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, too, dear Wendy. Thank you for all you have created this past year and this month, too. I hope you have a safe, healthy new year and a creative 2022, dear.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a brilliant page and a fabulous story. Sorry to be so late but at least I can wish you a Happy New Year! Hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive