Thursday 2 December 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

 No, my craft room isn't messy, I just have everything on display. These are the words for this week and here I am, on Thursday morning still doing mine. I did finish it last night, but when I went to scan it, I realised I hadn't put the words on.  I started off by photographing parts of my studio and then cut them all up and randomly placed them on the page. I made a door from a sheet of card with wood panelling on and stuck the figure to it. When you open the door you get the picture of Carol's end wall. Carol was being nagged by her mum to tidy up her craft room and Carol didn't really know why, it's not as if her mum went into it to dust it. That would be a complete waste of time, as there wasn't any flat clear surfaces to dust, and she always vacuumed the floor herself, just in case she had dropped something small and precious that her mum wouldn't have noticed. She knew why her mum was getting het up about it as her new friend from her bridge club was coming round and her mum was eager to show off her clean tidy house. Carol was already with how she would deal with it. When the grand tour started Carol rushed up to her craft room and stood in front of the door. As they approached, Carol opened the door and before her mum could say a word Carol said "No my room isn't messy I just have everything on display.                               I am linking this to Art Journal Journey where the theme is set by Valerie which is: When one door closes another one opens.





8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wendy, this is a fabulous page and story, and I just love how you did the door. The motto you are using is right for me, I always have everything on display, because if I put hings away I never find them again! Thanks so much for linking to my challenge at AJJ, much appreciated. I really think you and Neet should make a book with your stories and pages! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I do love your quote this week (it applies to me I think-smile), and I love your very clever and creative take on the challenge. I love the photo of the craft space too. I hope December is treating you well so far. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is absolutely amazing! I love how the door opens into your craft room, and I love the story behind it, too!

Neet said...

Great minds think alike - well on the same lines. Well done on your book and illustrations this week- fab idea with the door.
Hugs, Neet xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a fabulous idea the story and your craft door page.
Have a beautiful week, hugs, Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How incredibly clever. You really have a lovely craft room and I like how you incorporated it with the quote. Very nicely done, dear. You and Neet were right on with the prompt fitting perfectly with Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Thanks for sharing it with us.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm all for everything on show. I love your page and your story. Thanks for sharing both at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

A great story and page, you always share super quotes and create awesome scenes, I wish I was as tidy as this room looks. Thank you for linking to Valerie's theme at AJJ.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive