Thursday 11 November 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

 This week the words are ' What you believe in becomes true. believe in something absurd' Daisy has taken her little dog Grump for a walk, it was lovely when they set off, but she noticed that the rain clouds were gathering and they should head home. Grump was not happy as he didn't like rushing, his legs were too short for that type of activity. "It's a shame we can't fly" Daisy said to Grump. "I would like a really unusual pet and I would make sure it could fly and therefore take me home quickly". Grump was not happy with this as it would make him redundant. She had made up her mind what it would look like and did wonder what her mum would say if she walked in with it. Grump was beginning to get worried but if it made her happy he said "what you believe in becomes true, believe in something absurd" He had suddenly realised that if Daisy had another pet, especially one that could fly he could just sleep on the sofa all day, he thought he could manage that.

I am linking this to Chris's theme on Art Journal Journey which is All kinds of weather.



7 comments:

Neet said...

Lovely picture and I do like the imaginary animal. A cross between a bird and a fox would be a great pet, she could sit on its back and ride off to the shops and, the music festivals. Oh what a lovely time they would have and he would be so handsome too.
Sorry, I got carried away.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I loved your fantasy bird/creature. It was a great addition to the page and a wonderful addition to the story line and sentiment. I laughed and enjoyed it a LOT. Thanks also, for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Chris's theme, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your scene is wonderful, and as always, you have given us a wonderful story! And thanks for linking to AJJ, too, much appreciated. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

You made me smile when you talked about Grump having such short legs. What a fun little story and great images too. As always you did the quote perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at Ajj. Hugs erika

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Wendy! I love your fantasy foxbird!

Meggymay said...

Its a super back story for your wonderful page and I love the name you gave the dog although that fantasy bird looked fun as well. Thank you for linking to Chris's theme at AJJ
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

That creature certainly is handsome but I think I prefer Grump. Thanks for a fabulous page for my AJJ theme. I am now on a massive catch up, having had a very busy mid week, hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive