Thursday 28 October 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

This week the words are 'A life without dreams would be just a life'  Hazel sitting on her massive pumpkin that she grew herself was busing dreaming. If only fairy tales like Cinderella would come true. She would meet the man of her dreams at the local dance on Saturday and the pumpkin would turn into a nice new car, instead of her old one which was really past its reliability date. But as usual there would be the usual gang at the dance and she would end up dancing with her girl friends as she didn't fancy any of the men. She didn't have to get ready for a while so she continued to dream, after all a life without dreams would be just a life.

I am linking this to lovely Tracey's theme of My favourite colour is October on Art Journal Journey.



8 comments:

Neet said...

A lovely page again Wendy, I love the window you have put in there and how topical to use a pumpkin in the layout. A winner again!
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page and a great story, Wendy! I'm going to see if the pumpkin in my kitchen tuns into a car, that would be great! But you can keep the prince! Hugs, Valerie

Rain said...

That's really lovely Wendy, your art is so beautiful! ♥

My name is Erika. said...

Hazel has great dreams. I like how you gave this page a Halloween theme with the pumpkin and the ghost in the window. Very cool Wendy! This page made me smile. Thanks for sharing this with us for Tracey's challenge. Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I think we've all dreamed of Cinderella days in our youth wishing the simplist of things would turn into something magnificent. Now i'd much prefer to tend to a large pumpkin rather than go out partying.. so happy I found my prince many many years ago. Fun & fabulous page Wendy & a story that took me right back. Thanks for joining me @ AJJ during October Hugs Tracey x

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page and back story Wendy, I hope she got her dreams to come true and that the pumpkin featured in the dream, it looked awesome.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is brilliant Wendy - everyone needs to dream just a little - and to believe that one day they might come true!
Have tried to comment on other post and have had a read only box pop up - no problems today so here I am! Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am sorry to be late visiting. Story of my life lately, Wendy. I even forgot Bleubeard's birthday and someone had to remind me on my blog. I love the visual image of the car beyond its reliability date. That brought a smile to my face. I think your girl has some actual realistic dreams. I love how she was positioned on the pumpkin. This was a great entry for Tracey's theme at Art Journal, too.

Blog Archive