Thursday 25 March 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

I like long walks - away from people. these are the words for this week and  Amelia is explaining to her poodle Fee why she has just said those words to her. Amelia is not very popular amongst her contemporaries, she has airs and graces that tend to annoy the others. She doesn't have a better job or more money than them, but makes it sound as if she has. Some of her friends have normal dogs, many of them mongrels, but no not Amelia she has to have a spoilt poodle. So her main exercise takes the form of walks, long ones in the countryside away from people.                                                                                          Fee is not liking this at all. Not only is she clad in a ridiculous hat, coat and tail warmer, but has had to wear little wellington boots that match her outfit, which are very uncomfortable. To add insult to injury she is also in the same colours as Amelia.

On Art Journal Journey,  Sheila's theme is 'A single flower' which Amelia has just picked on her walk. Even that matches their outfits.






11 comments:

Neet said...

If I just said "I don't believe it" you would understand. I suppose it is a bit more understandable this week that it happened but it happens so many times - "same wavelength' yet again.
Love the background which works well with how the two of them are dressed.
(Talking to dogs indeed! LOL)
Hugs, Neet xx

sheila 77 said...

I am enjoying how you and Neet interpret the same quote in illustration and story.
You've made a lovely quiet background for this pair. Amelie has a very interesting hairstyle
It's no wonder Fee is a bit miffed with a tail warmer (haha! do such things exist?) and little turquoise welly boots. I like Amelia's spotted cape and have to thank her very much for picking one matching single flower for my challenge theme at AJJ this month.

craftytrog said...

Oh, me too!
Lovely page Wendy!
Alison xx

Annie said...

Love this! I’m chuckling. Amelia wouldn’t take me as a friend, I thought she was wearing her PJs and robe on her walk. I see I know nothing about fashion. And I think Fee wishes Amelia knew nothing about fashion. This page is so cute. I love the background. But of course Amelia would choose a flower that matches their outfits, doesn’t everyone?

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page and I like her attitude, I always prefer to walk alone! Thanks for joining us again at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I love long walks away from people too... I'm smiling about the dog fashion, I often wonder if the dogs I see dressed head to toe by their owner feel exactly the same. Always fun to read and see how you and Neet create from the same theme. Great work Wendy.
Have a great weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You put the two on in a fabulous creative way. Amelia's poodle life is not exactly the real life of a dog and I am not surprised that they go for a walk so lonely and abandoned. Great story again and if you're that extravegant. you are alone! Sad but true.
Have a beautiful day , hug Elke

My name is Erika. said...

Amelia does have an interesting outfit. I thought of PJs at first. We used to have a neighbor when I was a child who walked her dog in her pjs. It was a scandal in our neighborhood because everyone thought she should wear her clothes. That was my first thought when I saw and read this. I bet Fee is ready to go no matter how Amelia dresses. This is a fun page Wendy, and thanks again for joining in at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page! Loving their outfits 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

nwilliams6 said...

Great page! Love how you interpreted the words and your fun characters and background. Her hair and outfit are fun. Fun!!!! Hugz

pearshapedcrafting said...

Poor Fee - but at least she didn't have to go on that Dog Grooming show on TV. This is brilliant Wendy!! Hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive