Thursday 11 February 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

 This weeks words are: I really have no method - just madness. Gosh where to start. Amanda has a large  cat and a bird for her pets, the  Jinks the cat far bigger than is normal and looking very pleased with himself. Tweets the bird is looking at her hopefully. They both spy their dinner on her head and are waiting for permission to eat it. They are hoping that the bird of prey legs are not part of the meal as they look a bit tough. Amanda is of course somewhat odd, hence her excuse of " I really have no method, just madness" Well you would have to be to have a cat that big and to pinch the fish off a bird of prey.

I am entering this in Art Journal Journey, where Valerie's theme is heavy metal. The background has gold mica in the ink and there is bronze paint on her dress ( not very visible on the scan) I have also edged the words with Bronze paint.




6 comments:

Neet said...

Oh Wendy, why do we do this to ourselves? It was not easy to come up with an illustration for this quote. I am sat here giggling at your story and I just hope the fish was not that old when the eagle lost it or it will smell terrible. Imagine wearing it on her head - with legs from the bird - the mind boggles, but at least you have woven a story around it. I would have found it difficult to use that head, so, good for you!
Love the cat but I think the bird will be first to get to the fish.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page Wendy, I always love your funny characters! Thanks for linking to AJJ, much appreciated. Stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

Great story, and I love your colourful page Wendy!
Alison xx

My name is Erika. said...

I think the cat and bird actually get long, but that fish on Amanda's hat is getting the attention of both of them. I think the bird might be going for the fish and passing it off to the giant kitty. Smile. Great page Wendy. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AJJ. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh, Wendy, your story is so fun and so interesting as is your page. I am so impressed with how you and Neet come up with these pages and stories. You both have GIANT imaginations and so many cool stamps! Love the background and her dress (the hat is a bit scary - lol). Fun stuff! Hugz

Elkes Lebensglück said...

very impressive great art of you to set this topic and it's so amusing again to read and the scene !!!
Hugs Elke

Blog Archive