Thursday 17 September 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 'Only the cat understands me' are the words for this weeks challenge. I stared off with a page I had painted black over some scribbly writing. I then used a star stencil and some glittery medium that was a bit like over done porridge, it had sort of gone off. Serves me right for hoarding stuff to use on special things and never do, I suspect we all do it. I can now safely enter it on Jo's theme of texture on Art Journal Journey.

Amelia loves walking in the dark under the stars, and none of her friends and family understand why. Her cat does though, because that’s when he likes to go hunting, he thinks perhaps she might like to help !

The cat and figure are Dylusions, and coloured with watercolour pens.


4 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a gorgeous page! I love how you scribbled on the background and covered it with paint, it looks just like crackle texture - I'm going to try that 😁. The glitter paste looks amazing with the star stenciling and wow, the colourful cat is just purr-fect too! Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Wishing you a happy week! Hugs, Jo x

Neet said...

What a good idea to paint the page black and then use it as a night scene. Love the lime with the black - your favourite colour, or at least one of them.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

The black background realy makes the images pop off the page. It looks fantastic and its also a super quote, I used to say that about our dogs.
Thank you for linking to Art Journal Journey Wendy.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I really like this Wendy. I can see why Amelia and her cat have bonded so closely. Those bold colors are great and even have a slightly Egyptian feel. I think Amelia's hair does that. Thanks so much for linking up to Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

Blog Archive