Thursday 10 September 2020

Journal page with Neet

The words this week are ' If you ran like your mouth, you'd be in great shape'  Quite a cutting remark from a so called friend. Grace on the left is fed up with her friend Annie going on about Grace spending so much time going to the gym and eating certain healthy foods, so she has been having a go at her. The quote is grace's reaction to Annie.

The background of the page is a mop up with Distress inks filling the gaps and bringing the colours together. I used a stencil on top and then two different ones with texture paste. I'm entering this on Art Journal journey where Jo's theme is Texture.




5 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Grace looks like she could say something snarky with that expression. I hope Annie is brushing it off and not about to burst into tears. It looks like she is thinking about that. And nice texture too. Perfect for AJJ. Thanks you for joining in Jo's challenge Wendy! Hope you are having a nice week. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! You used such beautiful colours and figures and I'm loving all the texture that you created with the stencils and texture pastes - perfect 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun and very different takeon this theme and quote. I really enjoyed reading your take on it. I enjoyed the back story and interchange between Annie and Grace. I appreciated the wonderful textures you created, too. They were perfect for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. BTW, I loved the colors you chose for their outfits.

Meggymay said...

Annie and Grace are probably best friends when they are not getting wordy with each other. Its a fantastic page and super textures, thank you for linking up to Jo's theme at AJJ. I really like seeing your pages and how you interpret those quotes.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

I do remember commenting on this page. I remarked about the figure on the right looking sad and being so appropriate for the quote. |Thinking about it I am sure I did it on my laptop too. Strange things happening in blogland.
Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive