Thursday 6 August 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

'What appears to be the end is usually the start of a new beginning' are the words this week and not easy to  illustrate at all. I left it to the last minute and was still stumped at 10pm Wednesday night. The only thing that sprang to my tired brain was this story. The lady had been living in very casual clothes, old trousers that had all worn into holes, boots and trainers with holes and worn out heals, hats with frayed edges. It was time for a change of image, and that meant new clothes. So here she is in her new image. her old clothes are in the box to throw away.
The box (pocket) I hope qualifies for  Alison's (Craftytrog) theme on Art Journal Journey which is Pockets and tags.


8 comments:

Neet said...

Yes, why do we do this to ourselves - a difficult one for me also. Good idea to use the pocket in that way, love the bundle of clothes - they must be starched LOL - in the box. You used the head and I used the body from this figure, telepathy again but not quite as strong this week ie not 'really' but 'almost' the same figure used.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

That is a super clever pocket Wendy and I really like your story. I sometimes wish I could get rid of all my old clothes and go for totally new things. It would be fun. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ and being a part of Alison’s challenge. Hugs Erika

Meggymay said...

Its a really good story to go with your great journal page and I liked your take on the pocket with the box for clothes.
Thank you for linking to Alison's theme at Art JournalJourney.
Yvonne xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

i love it this way your journal page
Beautifully designed! You will always find something on the topic even if it's at the last second !!!
Greetings Elke

Heather said...

A clever interpretation. She is very smart in her new clothes with everything colour co-ordinated.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Maybe you need to leave your journal challenge till the last minute more often, because this was brilliant. Of course, it's even better using the "box" as a pocket for Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey. I love how you "stuffed" the box with her old clothes. It was a great take on the prompt and nicely colored, too.

Words and Pictures said...

Hmm... that's the kind of clear out I'm going to have to have before I move. I'm planning to follow Marie Kondo's method, and I hope it works out as well for me as it has for your dapper woman.
Alison x

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Wendy! Thanks for linking it to my AJJ theme.
Alison xx

Blog Archive