Thursday 14 April 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words this week are  "If it requires getting out of bed, I'm not doing it" Sylvia shares a flat with her best friend Linda from college, and last night they had a party in the flat. Not too many people, but enough to make a mess to clear up the next morning. Linda was far more domesticated than Sylvia, but was determined to get her friend to help. She had tried the cup of coffee in bed, had offered toast, but Sylvia had refused both.When Linda started a question with " could you come out and.......... Sylvia immediately said : If it requires getting out of bed, I'm not doing it" Linda felt like singing Matt Bianco's song " Get out of your lazy bed" but her voice left a lot to be desired and thought that might make Sylvia get under the quilt even faster. Personally I think Sylvia is mean not to help, and I hope she does get out of bed and do some clearing up.

I am linking this to Art Journal Journey where Alison's theme is Play it again Sam  Alison wants us to illustrate our favourite song or movies. This is the only thing I could think of to illustrate our saying, hope it's OK.



9 comments:

Neet said...

Why did we both put a cat on? It's that old telepathy again!
Great picture, great story, great linking. I found this one difficult.
HMugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

This page certainly works for Alison's challenge Wendy, and I really love how you have your star of the page sitting in bed. Nice blanket too. And the kitty is a great addition. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

I think I forgot to say thanks for joining us at AJJ also Wendy. I guess I didn't want to get out of bed myself this morning. (New book that was really good was what kept me up though...)Smile.

Christine said...

Fun page!

DVArtist said...

this is just so much fun. Love your art.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was in awe of this page, Wendy. I immediately saw the cat and nearly forgot everything else. It's wonderful that you could tie that prompt in with Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thank you for sharing the song and the great representation of the theme.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, Wendy, and wonderful for Alison's challenge! Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

I'm sorry I'm causing you and Neet headaches this month Wendy. Lol! You're doing very well tying your pages to my AJJ theme though, and I love this page and the story behind it. Thanks for linking up to AJJ.
Have a happy Easter.
Alison

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page, a great back story and super link to be able to join the AJJ theme, with the song you had in mind. Have a good rest of the weekend.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive