Thursday 21 April 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 The older I get, the more I see the error of my ways, but the less I care, these are the words this week. As soon as I saw this I thought of Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in 'The bucket list" where they made a list of all the things they waned to do or see before they died.                                                             Geraldine has just done the opposite and has made a list of all the things that she has done wrong and all the people she has annoyed. But as she was telling her cat Lucy, I know I shouldn't have annoyed my parents by dropping out of university, but I really didn't like it and I was going into debt instead of earning money. How was I supposed to feed myself and you on nothing. I also upset my best friend by going out with her boyfriend, what was wrong with that, she was going to finish with him anyway. I was also annoyed with the local shop who refused to stock your favourite cat food, and I now have to go to the other end of town for it. But at the end of the day those and all my other errors really don't bother me, I'm getting too old and set in my ways to let it bother me. Her cat meowed in agreement, well she thought she did.

I am linking this to Alison's theme on Art Journal Journey where her theme is Play it again Sam





8 comments:

Neet said...

Love your page and your story - she is not at all a. nice person - imagine breaking the "Girl's code". She got her cuppuppence with the cat food though. Great link to Alison's theme.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

Cool page Wendy. I like Geraldine and her best kitty friend. I also love the border you made. It looks great! Thanks for joining Alison's challenge at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely page!

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page for my theme at AJJ Wendy. Thanks for linking up.
Alison

DVArtist said...

I agree this is a great story and lovely art. Have a good day today.

Meggymay said...

I liked your back story Wendy, it just shows how much she loved the cat to go a distance to get the favourite cat food. A fantastic page to look at and thank you for linking to Alison's AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

carol l mckenna said...

Oh so true is the quote ~ love it! and what a wonderfully creative art page ~ Xo


Wishing you laughter and love in your day,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am so far behind visiting. I was sure I left you a comment several days ago. Maybe I did and it didn't take. Regardless, I am one of probably 3 people in the world who has NOT seen the Bucket List. However, I loved your back story and the cat, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's theme.

Blog Archive