Thursday 24 March 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 Last minute once again, I really must get a load of figures coloured so I'm not doing them on Wednesday night. This week the words are 'I swear if my memory was any worse, I could plan my own surprise party' That sounds a bit like my husband who has an awful memory.  Sandie has gone for a walk with her friend David, it was a lovely Spring day and the flowers were beginning to show themselves. It would soon be Davids special birthday(40) and Sandie was in actual fact organising a surprise party for him in her flat. Keeping it a secret was proving very difficult and all their friends had been sworn to secrecy, and Sandie was hoping they would keep quiet about it. When the actual party was getting close and David's memory was getting worse Sandie thought that when he arrived at the party his memory was so bad he might well think he had organised it himself. If not she would have to confess to being the instigator.

I am linking this to Valeries theme of Goddess of Spring on Art Journal Journey.





8 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this - so funny! With all of the secret preparations lets hope the party went well! Hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

Good thinking on this one. I think a lot of us have memory lapses as time goes on and I am often surprised at young friends who try to convince me their memory is as bad as mine. Never.
Poor David, his memory must be bad if Sandie thinks she can get away with it to this extent. LOL
Love the daisies.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

Poor David to be losing his memory. I hope it remembers its his birthday when he gets to the party. Fun page again this week Wendy. I hope all is well with you. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And I did the same thing on Neet's page. Whoops. I forgot to say thank you for joining us at AJJ. So thank you for joining us for Valerie's challenge.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I fear I can also relate to David. Love all those spring flowers you added to your spread. They add that special touch. I hope Sandie is able to pull this surprise party off and fool David, too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Valerie's theme. It's a real spring gem.

Meggymay said...

I think we all could relate to this story in some way, its a fabulous page Wendy and the colourful outfits looked great. Thanks for linking the page to Valerie's springtime theme at AJJ.
Yvonne xx

DVArtist said...

I always enjoy reading your post. The art is lovely as well.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Love this. I've got an awful memory too but not bad enough to forget that it is my son's 40th birthday and Grandaughter's first birthday celebrations tomorrow.

Blog Archive