Thursday 3 March 2022

Thursday journal with Neet.

The words this week are 'Some people should use a glue stick instead of a chapstick'  I have used a green background so I can link to Valeries theme of Goddess of Spring on Art Journal Journey. The three friends, Veronica, Joan and Sarah have just been to a craft class in the local garden centre, where a local craft shop had demonstrated how to make cards for Mothers day. This included lots of flowers and sentiments. The girls thought some of them were a bit sloppy so wrote their own messages in their cards. After the class they decided to go for a walk as it was lovely Spring day, at least they could see some real flowers that were not covered glue. They discussed some of the other girls that were there who seemed to do nothing but grumble about making them and really didn't want to do a card for their mums. Two girls in particular spent most of their time covering their lips with chapstick, which seemed to be a bit unnecessary  as they talked so much it disappeared very quickly. Veronica said " some people should use a glue stick instead of a chapstick" Joan and Sarah thought that was a brilliant idea




13 comments:

Meggymay said...

Oh Wendy the back story to go with this fantastic page really has made me smile. You have a great sense of humour and I can imagine a few folk that I would have liked to glue their lips together over the years.
Thank you for linking to Valerie's theme over at AJJ.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Love the Spring green of your page today. How strange we both went down the same route of a craft class. That old telepathy at work again.
How strange that I have gone over to the words being typed out again and you have gone to writing them yourself like I normally do. Telepathy and reversal in one!
Do hope Paul is ok, been meaning to drop you a line. He's in myk thoughts.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mary Anne said...

LOL! While I do love the pages themselves, the story you tell is the thing that slays me, every time. Fabulous stuff.
Happy Journaling!
Mary Anne

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your story really made me smile! I love the Spring greens on this page and those girls look dressed for a sunny day. A fabulous AJJ page! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Fun girls this week Wendy. I guess how they look is more important their their mother's day cards. Smile. Mother's Day does make you think of spring, as do flowers and your pretty green. It is tine for green again (we still have snow). Have a wonderful end of the week, and thanks for sharing with us at AJJ Wendy. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page and as always, a great story. I know a lt of people who should be using chapstick. Sorry I am not around much, I am still in the clinic. Thanks for linking to my challenge at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Crafting Queen said...

Great page, and love the story. Anesha x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like how you interpreted this prompt. Such a different story from Neet's, but to the point and well done, too. I love the way you also incorporated Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Thanks for sharing this fun journal page, Wendy.

Rika said...

lovely page.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh my goodness!!! I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous page and especially like the sentiment and the story behind it! Just adorable!!! Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Hugs, Sharon

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! The way you blended the background is amazing and I smiled at the wording, so funny 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

carol l mckenna said...

Oh your journal page is fun and delightful ~ not to mention creative! Xo

Wishing you love and peace in your day,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

DVArtist said...

Oh I love this and it is so true. LOL have a lovely day.

Blog Archive