Thursday 13 May 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

"Does running away from your problems count as exercise" These are the words for this week, and no they don't.  Celia seems to think she has lots of problems, like: what to wear to the local dance, what do do to the garden which is full of weeds, should she change her old car, what should she do about her mum who insists on phoning her every day, and what to do about the guy at work who insists she is his ideal partner, and she doesn't like him at all. She would just like to run away from it all, and asks her dog, Freddie "does running away from your problems count as exercise?" Why she thinks Freddie would know, is very odd. for a start he has his slippers on and doesn't ever do exercise. He likes himself the way he is, he can't understand what all the fuss is about, he doesn't have any problems. The only time he gets any exercise is when he chases next doors cat out of their garden. Not a problem.

I am entering this in Art Journal Journey where Elle's theme is language. I have put the way this can be interpreted below.

This month's theme of language, can be interpreted in many ways - your own language, language of flowers, language of love, words, books, communication, sign language, gestures, symbols, icons, or even your own "art" language meaning your own favourite things you like to use, colours, materials, things that you use when creating, that become your own unique signature style.




11 comments:

Neet said...

Great picture, great story - love the background. I know how much you love lime green (me too) and it reminds me of you every time I use it. Happy memories of being in your kitchen area always come to mind when I see anything like this. BTW - The stencil you have used - is it an AALL & Create one?
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page and love that sentiment, I can relate to it! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie
And thanks for joining us at AJJ!

My name is Erika. said...

The scary thing about Celia is I know people like her. Your page is amazing and it does work great for Elle's language challenge. I feel bad for Celia's dog, but good thing dogs don't understand everything people say. Thanks for joining us at AJJ. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Dortesjs said...

I slipped right past you for a walk today. hope all goes well and that you are fine. your blog is as always nice with beautiful creative things ready to be looked at

Empire of the Cat said...

Great page! I love Celia and Freddie, maybe they could take a vacation from their problems together, somewhere nice, like a trip to the beach and take the phone off the hook lol. Thanks for joining me for the Language theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Celia thinks way too much in her pretty head !!!
You have that wonderful fantasy designed the journal with the funny Celia and dog
Cozy weekend with everything you do, hug Elke

Annie said...

Dang!...I was hoping the answer was YES. Ha! A really fun page, Wendy. I love that background you created...the design and the color. Celia and Freddie make a great pair. The outfits that these character stamps have are wildly terrific and I’ll bet a lot of fun to color.

craftytrog said...

Fantastic page Wendy! I love her snazzy outfit, and that quote made me smile.
Happy weekend,
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Loving this Wendy! That green background is fabulous and that outfit Celia has on is fantastic! I'm sure she felt better for talking to Freddie! Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed the interaction between Celia and Freddie. I think that quote is hilarious, too. That's possibly the best one I've seen in a long time. I love Celia's outfit. You colored it so well. I can tell you love detail work and that outfit shows it, too. Thanks so very much for another super entry using Elle's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Wendy.

Meggymay said...

Its a super back story for this fantastic page Wendy and the quote did make me grin.
Thank you for linking with the AJJ theme
I'm still late calling in but one day I might just catch up. Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive