Thursday 20 May 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 " I know you were talking - That's why I stopped listening" are the words this week.                                Daisy, kneeling on the floor has been listening to her friend Anne for ages. Anne has been telling her all about her latest trip to the shops and what she had bought, and how she was going to wear the best outfit to go to dinner with her new boyfriend. Daisy was bored beyond belief and had started to think of other things in another time and place. Anne had noticed a certain lack of questions and interest and had queried Daisy about this. Daisy had just said " I know you were talking - That's why I stopped listening"



I am entering this in Art Journal Journey where Elle's theme is Language

9 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It's always a shame when you say such a sentence to your girlfriend, great how you portrayed the two with the background!
Have a good day, hug Elke

My name is Erika. said...

I can guess which one is Daisy and which is Anne on your page Wendy even without you mentioning it Wendy. And don't we all know someone like Anne? Love this weeks page Wendy, and your latest story too. Hope all is well. Thanks for joining us and sharing this at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Empire of the Cat said...

These girls! I really love Anne's trousers btw and the page of course. Thanks for joining me for the Language theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page and quote, even though it's not a nice one! Thanks for joining us at AJJ, much appreciated. Have a great week, Valerie

Neet said...

Such disinterest on Daisy's face says it all. Lovely contrast between the colours of the figures and the background - I like that big sunflower.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Poor Anne. Such a letdown by Daisy. Although this was snarky, I think this was an easy one to portray. I loved how yours and Neet's were so different, yet similar. Your coloring is superb. You really must enjoy coloring because you do such a great job of it. Thanks for yet another great entry using Elle's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear.

craftytrog said...

Great characters and background Wendy!
Happy weekend,
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love Daisy's gardening outfit - a brilliant page about a sad story. hugs, Chrisxx

Meggymay said...

Another super page Wendy, I know we could relate to that quote especially if we know someone who doesn't know when its time to end the conversation.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive