Thursday 8 October 2020

Thursday journal with Neet



Never forget your sparkle are the words this week, and  I have used a black background with a leaf stencil and glimmer spray. I drew round the top leaves with Tim Holtz stickles, and also drew the words with them as well. They didn't show up very well so had to go over them with a white pen.

The figure and cats are Dylusions and painted with watercolour pens. her cloths and the cats also have stickles on them. A very glittery page for me, and it doesn't show up very well on the scan. I am entering this in Art Journal Journey where Chris’s theme is Hold the line. I think there are enough lines to qualify.

This post is scheduled as we are in wet and windy Cornwall this week. We come at this time of year so my daughter can let the dogs on the beach. The range of pebbles here is fabulous and the car will be somewhat heavier going home.

These photos were on my phone so I took photos  of photos, if you get my drift.












10 comments:

Neet said...

What a dark page - I never expected that but a great way to show the sparkle - which is so difficult in scans.
Love the bright, almost fluorescent colours of the cats and her trousers. Shows up so well against that dark background.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps hope you are having a lovely time on the beach

Karen said...

Yes we all need to keep our sparkle which is especially difficult to do some days ~ The rocks and the beach look beautiful! I would love to explore ~ Enjoy your vacation

My name is Erika. said...

Your page does sparkle beautifully. I love how sparkles stand out against the dark background. And those star pants, well what else is she supposed to do besides sparkle? And your trip to Cornwall tooks amazing. What a gorgeous beach. I would enjoy visiting there and looking at all the amazing rock formations. And if I had m dogs, they would go crazy running, especially the one who loves to be wet. Have a wonderful rest of your trip and week. And thanks for sharing your piece at Art Journal Journey also. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

I hope you're having a wonderful time in Cornwall, I loved seeing your photos those patterned rocks look amazing 😁. Fabulous page too, love the autumnal colours you used and the stripey cat is purr-fect ...lol! Enjoy your holiday! Hugs, Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a beautiful page, Wendy, love those colourful cats. And thanks for linking to us at AJJ, much appreciated! And at Tag Tuesday we're playing with trees this time round! Hugs, Valerie

Heather said...

Love that leaf stencil and the effects you got from it. I have some Stickles tucked away and must get them out again. A bit of sparkle is a good thing.
Great holiday photos.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You truly sparkled, Wendy. I could see it in the writing and the glimmer spray through the stencil. This was SO different and I absolutely love it. Lots and lots of lines for Chris's theme. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey, dear.

LOVED your photo. Loved the rocks and the beach. Amazing shots. You are so lucky to be on holiday there.

nwilliams6 said...

Such wise words here - we should never forget our sparkle! She is fabulous as is your page. Always so much to look at on your fab creations! Great pictures too - thanks for sharing!!! Beautiful place. Hugz

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos of the beach , I hope you enjoyed your holiday.
Its a wonderful page you linked to Chris's AJJ theme a good idea to shoe the sparkle against the dark background.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Yes! We all need some sparkle at the moment! I love this page, the sparkle really shows against the dark brown.
Thank you so much for linking to my theme at Art journal Journey! Cornish beaches are so beautiful, great views! Hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive