Thursday 9 July 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet

The words this week 'Shut up and colour' and I could only think of one thing to do. It's a lovely sunny day and the little girl is want, want, want. Mum has had enough so is giving her a colouring book and some crayons to see if that will keep her occupied for more that a few minutes.


I have included some sun rays and can enter this page in Erika's theme of 'When it's hot' on Art Journal Journey
It's been raining for a couple of days so I haven't been able to go in the garden,. I have managed to do some sewing and am on the finishing stage of a fabric book. It's called in the style of, in other words every page is based on the style of a well known textile artist. I just have the cover to make now.

This is the latest one in the style of Alison Holt. It is all free hand machine embroidery and the fabric puckered around the tree as there is so much stitching on it. Must practice more. It's the oak tree on the edge of our garden.





6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

You really nailed that quote for your challenge Wendy. I can hear that little girl wanting to go to the park or go swimming or go... much appreciated that you made it hot and linked up to Art Journal Journey. Thanks. And the real star of this post is your stitching. Wow. You managed to get so much depth and detail. The puckering really doesn’t matter as I look at it. The leaves of the tree too an awful lot of stitching so I suspect that would make some puckering. Thanks for sharing that too and inspiring me to get back to my machine. Hugs Erika

Neet said...

For some reason I had my post posting at 3 in the afternoon. I had done the page early so scheduled it and forgot about it - lost track of the day. Anyway it is up now.
Love your hot background and interpretation of the quote. I don't think I recognise the head of the mother so is it a new stamp? I just wish she had some facing sideways and things like that.
Hugs, Neet xx

Heather said...

Another great tag Wendy and your free machined tree is wonderful. If you hadn't mentioned the puckering I might have missed it! I haven't done any free machining for ages but used to love it.

Meggymay said...

Another awesome page to go with the quote Wendy. Super hot colours as well. Thank you for linking to Erika's AJJ theme, I hope the colouring keeps the little girl occupied.
Your sewn fabric page is beautiful, its going to be a great book.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great answer to this latest challenge, Wendy. It's wonderful and I can just hear the little girl crying because she would rather be doing anything than coloring in the heat of the day. Thanks, too, for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

I'm super impressed with your embroidered piece. You can sat it puckered, but I see a gorgeous tree that you put your heart and soul into. I am enamored and impressed. It's a beauty. I wonder if it will straighten if you stretch it.

Eileen Bergen said...

Your machine embroidery art is amazing Wendy! Honestly, I've never seen anything to equal it. I don't see puckers. I see a beautiful dimensional embroidered tree.

I laughed at your page for AJJ. When we were kids on summer vacation, our chant was, "Mother, I'm bored." Unfortunately her answer was usually something like, "Well there's dusting to be done. Or you could do some ironing."

Hugs, Eileen

Blog Archive