Thursday 23 July 2020

Thursday Journal with Neet.

Here's a straw, suck it up, get over it and move on' is the quote this week. I have used hot colours again in line with Erika's theme of 'When it's hot' on Art Journal Journey.
The background is another mop up page with added distress ink to blend it all together.
 The lady sitting on the mushroom has just fallen out with her boyfriend, and her friend holding a straw, has no sympathy for her at all. Why mope about something like that on a lovely sunny day.
A mixture of heads and legs to make up the figures and coloured with watercolour pens. As you read this, i am at the seaside in Wales with my three grandchildren, who love the water, which I will be looking at at a distance. Well I might just paddle, I haven't owned a swimming costume for years. why would I, I can't swim !!


Art Journal Journey

8 comments:

Neet said...

Love the face on the one sat down, she looks so downhearted. Great choice for this theme.
Hope you are having a lovely time paddling in the waters of Wales.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

The hot colors on this page work perfect for AJJ Wendy. I like your characters, and how true. The girl might be sad but on a nice summer day, you can't let it bring you down. And is the water in Wales cold? It is here, so there is no sense doing more than stepping in unless it is so hot out you must cool off. Hope you are having fun with the grandkids though. That is most important. Thanks for another great page for AJJ. I'm much appreciative Wendy. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a great site and so people are often cool with each other on the subject!
Greetings Elke

Meggymay said...

Your images have wonderful expressions Wendy and the colours look hot and summery for Erika's theme at AJJ, thank you for linking.
I hope you had a good day at the beach.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Aw! What a sad tale Wendy! Enjoy your seaside time! I bought a costume when my SIL got a hot tub - now I will need to buy another as I have lost a lot of weight since our last visit - but with COVID i won't need one till next year! Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I especially liked the expression of the seated girl. You couldn't have picked a better face. This is brilliant and I love that you also chose to share it with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

nwilliams6 said...

Cool background and images. Love the snarky words too. Awesome!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Sounds like you are enjoying the beach - a great way to keep cool!! And I love the scene you created and the awesome story behind it. I absolutely enjoyed your blog post! HUGS, Sharon

Blog Archive