Thursday 26 September 2019

Thursday Journal with Neet

This week the words are " If it doesn't make you feel fabulous, don't do it, don't buy it, don't keep it"
A saying I should perhaps take notice of. My idea of throwing clothes away used to be ' if you don't want to answer the door wearing it, it's time it went in the bin or the charity shop'

The background is Distress oxide inks and then using the same colours through a stencil. I did a bit of stamping in blue. The figures and things she shouldn't have bought are all Dylusions. I don't like this figure much and it seemed a good chance to use it.



I am also entering this in Erika's theme of polka dots, stripes, plaids or patterns on Art Journal Journey

5 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

One word: GORGEOUS!!!

The quote speaks to my heart! So true but difficult to live it.
A wonderful entry for our AJJ topic Wendy! Thank you very much for another fab page linked to us!

Big hugs, and happy weekend!
Susi

Neet said...

Lovely interpretation of the theme Wendy. How strange you don't like this figure, it is one of my favourites. Each to his own and all that. Try using the head with another body and see if you like it that way (I did on a previous challenge and it surprised me).
I love your idea of not answering the door - must remember that one - it would make a good quote too.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a super quote Wendy and I really like your take on it. Lots of stripes and other patterns...smile! I would like it even if there weren't stripes and patterns. Thanks so much for joining in at challenge at Art Journal Journey. hugs-Erika

Heather said...

That sounds like good advice. I daren't throw my clothes away in case I can't find anything else I like that fits me! Lovely sentiment and a lovely whacky page.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Personally, although I know this is a challenge that is usually on the snarky side, this week the sentiment is SO true. I love it. It's a great art journal page, too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

Blog Archive