Thursday 11 April 2019

Thursday Journal with Neet

We are now on a new set of sayings and this week it's "As long as everything is the way I want, I'm totally flexible" The background is distress inked and some Dylusion stencils used in the background. I stamped my favourite leaves and coloured the two Dylusion figures with watercolour pens. I think this lady has just the right stance for the saying, as does the bulldog.
I am having a few arty days as the weather is so awful, the garden can wait until it improves. I am still doing my two online art courses, as I have usually given up by now. I'm still behind on one of them, and my sewing machine is sulking with lack of use.


I am also entering this in Try it on Tuesday where the theme is Use a stencil or two.
I am also entering this in having fun on Art Journal Journey as I did have fun making it.

12 comments:

Heather said...

I love that sentiment, and as usual the background colours are gorgeous.

Neet said...

She certainly has the stance. Love this figure, not one I have but I guess it is one I want.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

Oh she has got the look alright, its a fabulous page and of course I love the sentiment you added. Thank you for linking to our theme at Try it on Tuesdays, it has a wonderful background and the stencils look great.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

I think that's one of my favourite colour combinations, Wendy - Toasted Marmalade and either Peacock Feathers or Mermaid Lagoon...and I too love that ivy stamp :-) Nice bit of stencilling and great words.
Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x

Rika said...

Stunning artwork!

froebelsternchen said...

Hilarious! WOW! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Wendy! Happy start of the weekend for you! Susi xxx
( Would suggest to also link and show it at HAVING FUN at AJJ!
Fits perfectly!

My name is Erika. said...

I like the stenciling Wendy and I am glad you decided to share this with us at Try It On Tuesday. That is a super quote too. Too bad it;s not true. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Thanks for adding it dear Wendy!
Have a great rest of the day and weekend!
I think I am a close realitve to this girl.....hihi!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page and I love the sentiment, it made me smile ...lol 😉. The colours with the stencilling layered over the top look gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

Caty said...

What a so Gorgeous Art page Wendy !! Love it, the colours of the background are fantastiques, and the stamps too. love the quote, so fun!
I wish you a very nice weekend,
Big hugs, Caty

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I seem to be running behind once again, dear Wendy. Story of my life right now, I fear. I had to laugh at your adorable journal page with the woman and her bulldog. What struck me were the shoes on the woman and the dog, as well as the dog's eyes. This page would make anyone feel happy. Thanks for yet another great entry using your theme at Art Journal Journey.

Deborah Frings said...

I absolutely love this page. The colours are just so pretty and the words! Great work!

Blog Archive